Crysis Real Lifesis Mod...Pics Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is breathtaking..

Even though I'm a Crysis hater, I'd play it with that mod without question! But if I did it'd probably run like crap ... LOL

Wow. I think Imma try this mod lol
And 78c? pfft, my 285 runs at 92-95c at max

edit: oh, quick question. Anyone have a list of mods they really liked?

Do they have this for warhead?

No they don't Matt, and that really bummed me out....something about the encryption of the levels of the game.

I just bought Warhead and I am waiting its arrival....I just reinstalled Crysis to get the benchmark to work so I could get a feel for how my sli GTX 260 would perform in Warhead....I then found this mod and installed it and I got playing the game and could not stop....so I am going to finish it now.

There is a nice texture pack for Warhead and maybe some different config files that will boost it up alittle bit.

Here is a link for the Real Lifesis mod for Crysis for anybody wanting it.

Real Lifesis Crysis Mod download from Guru3D.com

Isn't that mod supposed to be like some sort of config though? It seems like it may have decreased my performance by few frames. I didn't have fraps running, but it wasn't completely smooth. I thought configs improved performance. Oh well. Maybe it is because I am used to warhead which runs better.

When i had my GTX260's in SLI i was 30fps+ on 1920x1200 with 4xAA. (Crysis Warhead.)

Here is one or two of my best shots (vanilla cutscenes):

rm0409.jpg

2db49du.jpg

Isn't that mod supposed to be like some sort of config though? It seems like it may have decreased my performance by few frames. I didn't have fraps running, but it wasn't completely smooth. I thought configs improved performance. Oh well. Maybe it is because I am used to warhead which runs better.

Below is the description that the modder himself gives of his mod.

The Real Lifesis mod is not your standard configuration file that tweaks a few settings. It is a so called "ToD modification". ToD stands for "Time Of Day" and by using a custom one, Real Lifesis basically alters the whole atmospheric lighting to make Crysis look much more realistic.
I have set the task of creating a Full-Day Time of Day file, that brings Crysis as close to photorealism that you can get.

I hope this helps explain what the mod does.......it is an executable file that you run...then just follow the directions in the readme.....there are like 6 different ToD files you can choose from in the mod.....I chose ToD2....just because that is what the creator his self liked the best.

So while it is also a config file...there is alot more to it than that.

If you just want a good config file...The Ultra High 1.31 is a nice one.

Nice screens WW!

I also just reinstalled this. I didn't use the Lifesis mod, but the natural mod and it makes a world of difference! I'll post some screens later on.

Playing this game thru again with this mod has been very enjoyable.

Another cool thing about this mod is that it changes the time of day that all these events happen....the objectives are the same....but the time of day is not, so it gives a whole new perspective to certain parts of the game, and I really like that about it.

For instance, the part where you are running up the creek to get to the cave and you have enemies up on the creek bank......In the original I am pretty sure it was daylight when i did that, or at least I think it was....but in the Real Lifesis mod, using ToD2.....it is dark and pitch black, and fun as can be! You can hear them, but can't see them without your night vision.

I can't wait to see what else will happen at night that happend during the day when I played the vanilla Crysis.

Here are a couple more shots.
4323731873_73e69e24cc_b.jpg

4323731621_4517579eeb_b.jpg

4324468126_6ccc74217b_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom