Crysis - No longer PC Exclusive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, Halo came out on the Xbox, and then on the PC. The PC version added a few game elements and slightly better graphics....

Yes and we are discussing a PC exclusive to console, which is like i said, opposite.... how am i wrong and how are you right?

Yes and we are discussing a PC exclusive to console, which is like i said, opposite.... how am i wrong and how are you right?

He thought you were talking about Halo which I did as well. So, when you said what he replied to, you were talking about Crysis?

I was using halo as an example for console ports. When a game goes from PC to Console it tends to get watered down. But when it goes from console to pc it tends to be improved. You guys need to ready all of my posts.

When a game moves from PC to console, everything works out fine. But when a game is ported from a console to the PC, you get crap.

'Nuff said.

Not strictly true. There are exceptions to every rule :) (Not many)

And actually, Crysis 2 looks very good on consoles. And Crysis 2 on the PC has different features, meaning it is unlikely to be a straight port. The worst ports are when you open up config files and see the Xbox Live code left in there, it's utterly depressing.

The thing is, you gotta remember game developers are just like every other business. In the end, all they really care about is profit. They don't get much of it from the PC sector, for example Modern Warfare 2 is receiving 1/6th the amount of preorders it is on consoles, so even with my no prior business experience it's pretty obvious theres little point putting your efforts into the PC version. Also, piracy levels on PC are huge, it's a fact that over half of customer support calls to Activision are beleived to be from people owning pirated copies of the game they are inquiring about. Wouldn't that pee you off as a dev ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom