Not open for further replies.

EcheLoN

Beta member
SIGMA SHARK SP-635 635W ATX12V V2.01 SLI
G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB)
GIGABYTE GA-MA78G-DS3HP AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
EVGA GeForce GTX 280 SSC Edition
AMD Phenom 9600 Agena 2.3GHz Socket AM2+ 95W Quad-Core Processor

Roommate has around the same specs and runs good on high, no chopyness or anything but my crysis auto specs to medium and is still choppy...And Suggestions?

Welcome to Tech Forums!

If you guys are playing on different resolutions, that can be one explanation. We'd need more detail on the specs of your roommate's computer, to tell further. Is his overclocked perhaps?

SIGMA SHARK SP-635 635W ATX12V V2.01 SLI
G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB)
GIGABYTE GA-MA78G-DS3HP AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
EVGA GeForce GTX 280 SSC Edition
AMD Phenom 9600 Agena 2.3GHz Socket AM2+ 95W Quad-Core Processor

Roommate has around the same specs and runs good on high, no chopyness or anything but my crysis auto specs to medium and is still choppy...And Suggestions?

Why are you complaining? Medium settings Crapsis is still pretty good..

But as for your question: I'm guessing because its a CPU bottleneck.. also because you probably are at higher resolution then he is...

Suggestions:
1. Drop your res
2. try to OC your CPU or replace it with a Phenom II

Why are you using a 3x2GB setup on a DDR2 motherboard? You'd be better off with a 2x2GB setup or 4x2GB if you need more than 4GB for some reason.

As far as the reason for your lower settings, I'd have to agree with the others. You probably want to overclock your CPU to run at 2.8GHz or higher, and if you are using a higher resolution monitor, try changing the resolution lower.

Are you sure you are using the GTX 280 and not GTX 260?

Yea i got a gtx 280 and i havent had my computer for that long so i was waiting to overclock it..i think im goin to this week. I dont know that much about motherboard setups with ram and what not. me and my roommate both run at 1900x1200, iv tried lowering my res but it doesnt seem like that much of a difference. And yes his is overclocked

You said your settings are on Medium because you hit Auto Config. Did your roommate hit Auto Config too? I'm sure you can run it on high as well, just adjust it.

could also be your windows configurations.
if you have more backround tasks etc etc. much running all the time using resources?
msconfig and a defrag maybe.
also you have the same drivers?
and are both your games patched?

could also be your windows configurations.
if you have more backround tasks etc etc. much running all the time using resources?
msconfig and a defrag maybe.
also you have the same drivers?
and are both your games patched?

That's definitely a possibility... try to run the AMD Fusion gaming Utility..

Except it might not work with that GTX 280 there though

at least you guys play the game in medium, i play it low settings on my p4 with a 7300gt agp graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom