crysis ; high settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
can u run crysis on max settings with 2 8800gt's 512mb in sli,
with an e8400 cpu, and 2 gb of ddr2 ram. at 1680x1250 res.

I guess this game requires the best of the best. I have the game, the optimizer tells me that I can play on high setting not ultra high but still the game seems flaky. Also is it just me or does the game look like a water painting? Maybe if I had a better graphics card it would solve this. Maybe not.

sli is such a waste. they need to make it so it actually doubles performance, instead of it being like a 20% boost per card. But 2 512's should be enough to play on that res on very high. Only thing i'm not sure about is if it will be playable on a duo-core, since crysis is quad-core optimized it runs a lot better/smoother at lower fps on quads. Not sure about duos.

I guess this game requires the best of the best. I have the game, the optimizer tells me that I can play on high setting not ultra high but still the game seems flaky. Also is it just me or does the game look like a water painting? Maybe if I had a better graphics card it would solve this. Maybe not.

water painting? No, that's just you.

sli is such a waste. they need to make it so it actually doubles performance, instead of it being like a 20% boost per card. But 2 512's should be enough to play on that res on very high. Only thing i'm not sure about is if it will be playable on a duo-core, since crysis is quad-core optimized it runs a lot better/smoother at lower fps on quads. Not sure about duos.

I thought it was dual core optimized.

sli gives u a 33% boost and Dario03 is right, there is no game optimized for a quad core right now, there are only a handfull that are even dual core optimized. well thats good that when i get my new system i will be able to play crysis on max, or close to it.

sli gives u a 33% boost and Dario03 is right, there is no game optimized for a quad core right now, there are only a handfull that are even dual core optimized. well thats good that when i get my new system i will be able to play crysis on max, or close to it.

sli's boost depends on the application actually, and so far the boost sucks compared to what it was advertised as. And Crysis IS quad-core optimized. That's coming from Crytek. You may only see a slight difference at lower res, but at higher res quad helps out a lot. They recommend more cores over more speed b/c its multi-threaded meaning more cores = better performance. And most every game that's come out in the last year has been duo-core optimized, and crysis is one of the first to be quad optimized. It's the wave of the future, just like every other couple years. Duo will soon be a thing of the past, buying duo now would be like buying a single core a year and a half ago. Fine if you plan to upgrade every year or so, but for future proofing quad is the way to go.

aare u sure, i though quad core games were coming out in like 5 months, and by handfull i ment about 20, thats about all the games that are optimised for dual core cpu's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom