Crysis: DX9 versus DX10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
It has been more than 5 months since the release of Crysis. No excuses about immature drivers or API issues. We look at how Crysis DX9 compares to Crysis DX10 and what GPU is best for it. We analyze real gameplay and IQ. Did DX10 deliver on its promises? Should we stick with it? All those answers and more are just a click away.

NVIDIA GPU based video cards have no real-world gameplay differences between DX9 and DX10, so there is no reason not to run in DX10. AMD ATI GPU based video cards do suffer a performance penalty for using DX10. If you are running an NVIIDA GPU based video card, continue to run in DX10, but if you are running an AMD ATI GPU based video card you might want to consider running in DX9 for the best Crysis experience.

[H]ard|OCP - www.hardocp.com

I don't like their reviews at all. The way they did this was completely absurd, although I agree with their conclusions, but the way they approached it was stupid. I hate how they use 'highest playable settings' to compare, it should be the exact same settings across the board with different resolutions...

All they needed to do was apply Very High settings in XP/DX9 (thru config) and then Vista/DX10 and then give a performance comparison with the different video cards and then the visual test as well, how could they have screwed that up?? You would come to the same conclusion though, no difference between DX9 and DX10, and DX9 would run ever so slightly better

and they also used DX9 settings under Vista.... if they used it under XP, the performance gains would've been slightly higher

their visual test was so stupid, they compared medium settings.... 'durgh'

that whole article is useless (not bashing on you Osiris) I'm just really not fond of this article at all, it's a lazy piece of work

DX9 vs DX10 in crysis is meh.

Crysis is nice because the developers made it easy for the users to modify and and create their own graphic settings through auto config files. This means XP users can play crysis on DX10 settings. Or at least Game values that represent DX10 settings.

Such as I have since I started playing.

Now I would like to see DX10 and DX9 compared in a game where users cannot easily enable DX10 settings in XP.

Heck, give me a game where the differences between DX10 and DX9 are noticable to everyone.

DX10 is over hyped just as much as crysis was. DX 10.1 is pretty much done and how long before we see DX11?

How long before we see games that fully utilize multi GPU and Multi cored setups.

Its time to move on.

Nothing special about dx10, its going to take a while to mature before you will start to notice a difference. Kinda like when dx9 came out. Except this version seems to be even more over-hyped (with the new gpus and all)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom