Crysis Demo Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it does that for all computers.

Here's the secret to Crysis settings.

Set everything to High except Shaders, Shadows and Post-Processing. PP should be set to medium as the perspective motion blur is a little much on older GPUs.

The Shader quality can really only be set to High when Shadows is on low, or vice versa, although, I think Shadows on High and Shaders on medium might be alright, but Shaders on high and shadows on medium is a no go.

I'm saying this if you're running a weaker GPU, basically any high-end from the last generation of DX9 cards or even the 8600GT(S)s and 2600PRO/XTs.

You may also have to consider 1024x764 resolution. Truth is, the leaves on trees will look bad no matter what resolution you set it to, this is because the Crysis engine does not use standard AA filtering, but it's own version that is only available in "Very High" settings. This is specific to leaves for some reason. AA is just not an option, even at x2 and really offers no major leap in visual quality.

With all this in mind, I got the game to pretty much have the best performance/visual ratio with my X1950GT running at about 35 fps without having to play around with cvars. I personally suggest Low Shadows and High Shaders, but Medium of each is also an option. I just find the gap between medium shaders and high shaders to be quite large, and I can deal with the lack of shadows.

it was good on my evga geforce 7600gt, but now I bought an evga geforec 8800gts so It will be 150% better.

I'm running everything on high at 1650x1080 (or whatever) using the trick to get DX9 cards to display DX10 features. Runs and looks great as far as I'm concerned, I'll tinker around some more, though. I can't really tell the difference when I turn AA on and it kills my frames, anyway.

Weird that my system defaulted to "Medium" settings, too.

The demo just screwed up for me. I can't kill anything anymore when I hit a person with the gun or punch them the fist goes straight through them and they keep shooting unharmed also you can walk through people. is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Im in a similar boat as a lot of people, I dont know what else to tweak. I guess i just have to check out the tweak guide, but really what else could it be? : )

I knew like everyone else that crysis would eat up your system like WHOA, but dam this is crazy! My system build is pretty decent (in my sig) but still I wasn't really all that impressed with the frames. In order to get decent frames like (decent as in upper 30's low 41ish) I had to chop everything down so much! But ME, im crazy about details, I love smoke, i love NICE, FINE, ANTI-ALIASING edges. Now that i have to tweak everything down, things just dont look all that visually stunning. Its just "all-right", NOT WOW, THATS CRYSIS?!. I'm not sure if i should be blame horrible coding lately in games, or if i should blame...

ugh...well horrible coding.

Anybody else have a similar build as me, running this game substantially better? any other ideas? I want quality and performance, but I'm not ready to dish out tons of money for a quad core.

Your GTS is what's holding you back. Even with my OC'd GTX I can still barely get 30fps with all settings on high at 1280x1024. I doubt it's your proc because even though it's no Core 2, that 6000+ still **** good and Crysis is only dual threaded anyway. So really the only benefit you'd get from switching to a newer quad-core proc is a faster architecture and maybe one or two extra frames per second as Crysis is largely GPU-bound.

Now, keep in mind we've only played the demo so far. Whether the full game will be quad-threaded, or for that matter better-optimized, remains to be seen.

yea, maybe thats it. Im thinking of possibly running SLI on my current card configuration...maybe that should do it! I just have to save up some more money, I just put my current build together only like a month ago.

Thanks for the tip though, its amazing it eats up a GTX like that though! WOW!! thats all i got to say...is WOW : )

yea, maybe thats it. Im thinking of possibly running SLI on my current card configuration...maybe that should do it! I just have to save up some more money, I just put my current build together only like a month ago.

Thanks for the tip though, its amazing it eats up a GTX like that though! WOW!! thats all i got to say...is WOW : )

Sell that GTS and buy two 8800GT or wait for the 8800GTS G92 Revision (it should match, if not come close to an 8800Ultra for $300)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom