Crysis-- best game ever for me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just..argh its's so annoying. I want to drive through a building and have a big crash and have a whole lot of fun...instead it hits it, then all these metal sheets get stuck to my car and spaz out and blow me up.

The only slightly entertaining thing is playing the game through in the Editor and giveing my self 100 rounds of the tac_launcher.

I prefer CoD4's singleplayer, i've completed it for the 18'th time now on veteran and still it's great fun.

What you guys are forgetting here is you do not have 'average' systems. We are on a tech-forum here, you have an average system for a tech-forum. I have a whole load of gameing friends and they have systems with X1550's at top. Our systems are considered EXTREMELY fast. Think what dell market as fast on there adverts, imagine if you gave them one of our PC's how they would advertise it. At the end of it all we have the top %5 of graphics cards, i have the top Dual Core.. and what, it lags. It's unacceptable.

An X1550 can play Crysis fine on Medium at a resolution of 1024x768 (or widescreen equivalent), I've even seen a 9600XT coupled with a P4 able to run Crysis on a mix of low and medium settings quite well. It plays fine on older machines, and it plays quite smoothly on high-end systems too with maxed out graphics. I think people really expected their high-end DX9 card to be able to play on high settings, when it can really only play on Medium. And 8800GT (which is a pretty decently priced card that anybody can afford) can play Crysis fine on High settings. 30 fps is playable. Sure, it can't beat 60 fps, but we're talking about the most visually stunning game available on the market that has huge open levels on top of it and a pretty complex, albeit, glitchy physics system.

Why are people being so picky? CoD4 is a good game, but it hardly offers the open-endedness that Crysis offers. Games like CoD4 and Bioshock are so linear compared to a game like Crysis. Most of the events are scripted and the levels are small in comparison. Think of how many objects in a Crysis level have physics properties to them! Pretty much everything! The darn leaves on plants have physics! Don't people realize how much data is being pushed here? It's like 20x what any other game has and yet still manages 30 fps with an upper-mid-range system on almost-maxed settings..

And the complaints about the AI are really annoying, because Crysis AI is better in comparison to CoD4, IMO. CoD4 just seems to have better AI because the AI doesn't have to interact with as complex as an environment. But I think it's pretty cool that soldier try and seek you out where they last saw you, and they'll really try to find cover and use their teammates to an extent. I haven't seen that in CoD4, it always felt like I would move into an area, and enemies were always in front of me, never behind me, felt like one of those arcade games that lead you through the levels and you just shoot whatever's in front of you. Enemies stay where they were scripted to stay, they'd never try and look for you and hunt you down.

Merkwürdigliebe;1275557 said:
An X1550 can play Crysis fine on Medium at a resolution of 1024x768 (or widescreen equivalent), I've even seen a 9600XT coupled with a P4 able to run Crysis on a mix of low and medium settings quite well. It plays fine on older machines, and it plays quite smoothly on high-end systems too with maxed out graphics. I think people really expected their high-end DX9 card to be able to play on high settings, when it can really only play on Medium. And 8800GT (which is a pretty decently priced card that anybody can afford) can play Crysis fine on High settings. 30 fps is playable. Sure, it can't beat 60 fps, but we're talking about the most visually stunning game available on the market that has huge open levels on top of it and a pretty complex, albeit, glitchy physics system.
My 8800GT plays with everything on Very High under Vista 64 bit with a 1024 x 768 resolution or it's widescreen equivalent. I got 25-30 FPS all the time.

My 8800GT plays with everything on Very High under Vista 64 bit with a 1024 x 768 resolution or it's widescreen equivalent. I got 25-30 FPS all the time.

All I have to say is resolution. I play at 1900x 1200 because I have a 24in monitor, so it just begs to be run like that.

I totally agree that this game is amazing, and that it is amazing that it can be playable at low fps. It lags every now and again, but it never annoyed me. And I was playing at 1900x1200 with everything on very high, but no AA, and it lagged for about one minute or so when I loaded, but once it got running, it hitched up a little in intense moments, but never bugged me.

Great game, now that I have the real version that came with my 8800GTS, I am gonna start playing online! cant wait!

I've tried the demo of crysis and I did not like it at all.
does it get way better than the demo?
in other hand, cod4 was a blast.
great single player, multi player gets a bit tired after a while with those mindless shooting and blind nades.
but it is still enjoyable.
but i could not feel fun at all playing crysis demo...
i couldn't even finish it...it was too boring...
maybe it's not the game for me...

everyone seems to be on a pro CoD4/anti Crysis bandwagon. i really didn't like CoD4 much at all. i liked the sniper mission, that was interesting. i also liked firing the gunship but that get's boring too. CoD4 has zero AI. if you find the enemy challenging it's because they're all clones that keep throwing themselves headfirst at you. for crying out loud there are millions of them.

I wasn't a huge fan of CoD4 either. Sure it was full of action like all of CoD titles, but it wasn't that great. I found myself getting bored of it and just wanted to beat it to get it done. I still think the best CoD to date was United Offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom