Crysis-- best game ever for me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im startin to think that crysis is just a bloated game with sloppy code that causes it to run so slow, but only time will tell.

everyone who doesnt like this game for the most part is because they dont have the hardware to run it. and for that i understand. but to say that call of duty 4 is a better game wellllllllll online yes single player no way.

if you had the hardware to run it well its unbelievable how good this game is.

and all this talk about how bad the AI is wellllll,,, its probably the best AI ive played againts sence half life 1.

Call of duty 4 is so well if you play it once and then play it agian its like watching a movie twice nothing changes at allllllll you turn here you go through here theres a guy in there you get the picture.

I thought Crysis was a great game as well. The AI is fine, you just gotta turn the difficulty up. Cloak is NOT useless, it works just like it should. The AI act accordingly to where they saw you last and they don't even see you in cloak unless they are right next to you, which is the way it's supposed to be.

I completely agree with that.

And this whole thing about Crysis having unoptimized code sounds like BS to me. I don't have much of an extravagant system myself, about the average of what any gamer would spend on a decent system and I can run this game amazingly.

It looks better than anything else out there. And even on a lower end system, medium settings on a medium resolution runs smooth enough. I mean, for a game of such visual quality to run at 60 fps maxed out on the average system is asking for an optimization miracle, I'd even go as far as saying an impossibility.

I think people should really put off Crysis-bashing until they've actually tried the game with an optimized config, and not fuss over not being able to max it out. Medium settings still look better than any game out there. I used to bash Crysis myself as being poorly optimized, but it is completely underrated for the quality of optimization when you consider the sheer amount of objects being rendered completely dwarfs any other game and still manages to be playable.

For gameplay, Crysis is a really good FPS, with real-time weapon modification, the suit enhancements, the large open levels that let you get to an objective anyway you want and a variety of vehicles. You can play the game in many different styles, and the stealth aspect works great.

The game also has one of the most amazing sandbox editors I have ever seen, hands down, and hopefully, we'll start seeing some really great third-party content.

It still needs some work, but what games don't on launch? A patch will be officially released soon that will fix many issues.

I like cod4 for the multiplayer only, Crysis is ok, i did the game on hard and was pretty fun. I have to say the multiplayer on it is some of the worst multiplayer i have played (mainly power struggle), just coz its full of features doesnt mean its any fun. The game is pretty good now because ive enhanced the settings better than the special ultra very high settings on another thread.

COD4 = Multiplayer
CRYSIS + AUSOME RIG + HARD DIFFICULY = Singleplayer

Just..argh its's so annoying. I want to drive through a building and have a big crash and have a whole lot of fun...instead it hits it, then all these metal sheets get stuck to my car and spaz out and blow me up.

The only slightly entertaining thing is playing the game through in the Editor and giveing my self 100 rounds of the tac_launcher.

I prefer CoD4's singleplayer, i've completed it for the 18'th time now on veteran and still it's great fun.

What you guys are forgetting here is you do not have 'average' systems. We are on a tech-forum here, you have an average system for a tech-forum. I have a whole load of gameing friends and they have systems with X1550's at top. Our systems are considered EXTREMELY fast. Think what dell market as fast on there adverts, imagine if you gave them one of our PC's how they would advertise it. At the end of it all we have the top %5 of graphics cards, i have the top Dual Core.. and what, it lags. It's unacceptable.

Just..argh its's so annoying. I want to drive through a building and have a big crash and have a whole lot of fun...instead it hits it, then all these metal sheets get stuck to my car and spaz out and blow me up.

The only slightly entertaining thing is playing the game through in the Editor and giveing my self 100 rounds of the tac_launcher.

I prefer CoD4's singleplayer, i've completed it for the 18'th time now on veteran and still it's great fun.

What you guys are forgetting here is you do not have 'average' systems. We are on a tech-forum here, you have an average system for a tech-forum. I have a whole load of gameing friends and they have systems with X1550's at top. Our systems are considered EXTREMELY fast. Think what dell market as fast on there adverts, imagine if you gave them one of our PC's how they would advertise it. At the end of it all we have the top %5 of graphics cards, i have the top Dual Core.. and what, it lags. It's unacceptable.

true my pc is god when it comes to all my friends at school but here on tf compared to others its pretty low end lol

true my pc is god when it comes to all my friends at school but here on tech forums compared to others its pretty low end lol

i'll drink to that, even though i'm in currently doing a diploma in "Electrotechnology" :p. however i still think Crysis is a brilliant game. it's fun, it can be challenging and the graphics are without parallel. if your configuration of the game results in it lagging then that's your problem. if your computer isn't up to date enough to play a cutting edge game, then don't try. problem solved.

edit: on a slightly different matter i am sick of people arbitrarily complaining about frame rates on Crysis. i don't complain just because i get "low" frame rates on a game. when talking "low frame rates", "low" is a relative term. you're only getting "low frame rates" if the game becomes unplayably choppy. personally i have found that, yes there are quite a lot of places in Crysis where i am forced to what i generally would consider to be "low". however it never seems to become unplayable. the motion blur that is part of the post-processing effects is the best i have seen and does a good job in compensating frame rates without annoying the heck out of me.

i'll drink to that, even though i'm in currently doing a diploma in "Electrotechnology" :p. however i still think Crysis is a brilliant game. it's fun, it can be challenging and the graphics are without parallel. if your configuration of the game results in it lagging then that's your problem. if your computer isn't up to date enough to play a cutting edge game, then don't try. problem solved.

edit: on a slightly different matter i am sick of people arbitrarily complaining about frame rates on Crysis. i don't complain just because i get "low" frame rates on a game. when talking "low frame rates", "low" is a relative term. you're only getting "low frame rates" if the game becomes unplayably choppy. personally i have found that, yes there are quite a lot of places in Crysis where i am forced to what i generally would consider to be "low". however it never seems to become unplayable. the motion blur that is part of the post-processing effects is the best i have seen and does a good job in compensating frame rates without annoying the heck out of me.

I agree, i think some people have to determine the difference between low framerates and a game being unplayable.

And about the whole computer standards thingy, i know about 5 people in my year level that have 8 series cards and dual/quad core possessors, so even though my computer is best there are a few that come close to mine in my year level, and those people arent half as into computers as i am.

I like cod4 for the multiplayer only, Crysis is ok, i did the game on hard and was pretty fun. I have to say the multiplayer on it is some of the worst multiplayer i have played (mainly power struggle), just coz its full of features doesnt mean its any fun. The game is pretty good now because ive enhanced the settings better than the special ultra very high settings on another thread.

COD4 = Multiplayer
CRYSIS + AUSOME RIG + HARD DIFFICULY = Singleplayer
Are you kidding me? Power Struggle is awesome! It replaced BF2 for me. It's an awesome concept, you have to control a point to be able to use it's assets. Plus you have to BUY them with points that you have to make, meaning not just any idiot can jump in a tank. Plus, once your energy is built up to 100% you take a NUKE to the other persons base and blow the whole thing up! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom