Crysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

synergy

Fully Optimized
I don't know if you all get CGW, but they have an in depth article about Crytek's new Crysis game. I know that this game has been brought up here before, but after reading this article I am thoroughly excited for it. This game is much more than just great graphics.

The physics will allow for better AI....much better AI. For instance, when you walk through grass and brush you will alter the apperance of it--bent leaves etc. The AI will notice this change and investigate the situation, but not just yell...hey who's there...it will actually sneak up on you.

Vehicles are pretty much still under the wrap, but Crytek has said that there will be a tank and a helicopter. With the heli you will be able to fly through the volumetric clouds. They say this should wield some incredible aerial battles!

You will have a suit that players will be able to customize. If you want to jump higher or farther then you will be able to put more power to the leg section of the suit. You can "build" a suit that is geared for either combat or stealth. Weapons will also allow for addons, like scopes and launchers.

There is much more like the already mentioned HDR lighting with day/night cycles.

If you guys don't get CGW magazine then I highly suggest you go get March's issue if you are interested in this game.

FarCry and CryEngine 1 rocked.
CryEngine 2 is the best engine i have seen but i am not sure if Crysis will be as good as FarCry as i loved the FarCry story.

anyway if the guys at Crytek manages to add the stealth aspects of FarCry or better i will buy it.

by the way heres a download link for the CryEngine 2 tech demo video http://www.filecloud.com/files/file.php?file_id=2769

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom