Crysis=4aBrgain! but..

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bought my new GPU out of spontanuity (is that a word?) but anyways, i bought crysis to test it out, i have all the settings on high and 1440x990 seemed out of the question after a while, i mean ****, even my sound was crapping out, i changed it to 1280x786 on high settings with AA off it seems pretty smooth.

i guess this is the most im gona get out of the 8800GTS

i bought my new GPU out of spontanuity (is that a word?) but anyways, i bought crysis to test it out, i have all the settings on high and 1440x990 seemed out of the question after a while, i mean ****, even my sound was crapping out, i changed it to 1280x786 on high settings with AA off it seems pretty smooth.

i guess this is the most im gona get out of the 8800GTS

Download this file: autoexec.cfg

and put it in:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis

Also download (and install) the Crysis 1.1 Patch

Then download ATITool, and overclock that darn beast (the 8800GTS) to 760/1000 (very achievable)

Now a couple of other things, you're running 4GB of ram, so I'm assuming that you're either using a 64-bit OS, or Vista 32-bit (I've heard something about people with Vista 32bit being able to somehow support 4GB, as strange as that might be) Either one is not really well suited to play Crysis. 64bit is generally buggy for games and Vista is unoptimized and bloated, and difference between DX10 and DX9 is zero, especially with a modified config. The best possible thing to run Crysis on is good old 32bit XP, so maybe make a dual-boot if you have a copy of 32bit XP lying around, or just acquire it.

uhm, that's about it i think, oh wait.. also, make sure your affinity for Crysis is set properly, I've heard about some issues with Windows where only one core gets assigned to the game, so go to task manager, right click on Crysis.exe and choose "Set Affinity" and make sure both cores are checked off..

I've been able to manage 'Ultra High' settings at 1680x1050 with no AA (not necessary IMO) and it plays quite smoothly. I know I have a Q6600 whereas you have an E6600, but Crysis is GPU-bound anyway

Also, make sure that your pci-e slot is running at full x16 speed and not x8 or x1 as I've seen people do, just google and download GPU-Z to find out, you have an SLI board, I'm hoping you put your card in the highest PCI-E slot, otherwise it's probably running at x8. and make sure you also plugged the 6-pin pci-e power input onto the card, and maybe your psu is underpowering it?

Just throwing any ideas here, good luck getting the game to run smooth! I'm enjoying it myself. The 512 8800GTS is an outstanding card my friend, the 3rd best gaming video card in the world! Be glad you own one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom