Crysis 2 Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the graphics are better on pc, which I doubt more than slightly, the game will not be as open as the original. The consoles can't handle big levels. This is pretty ***.

Yes they can.

Look at Just Cause, look at GTA4, look at The Elder Scrolls Oblivion, look at how big the map on Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is going to be.

But can they handle all of that at a crysis level detail level?

Either way, pc gaming has lost its last big shooter exclusive. We can no longer take advantage of our superior hardware to obtain superior visuals. Rts and especially mmo games just don't compare on the visual level.

This won't be another benchmark game like the first. It will be a great game I am sure but not something that is going to make everyone go out and buy the latest and greatest hardware.

This won't be another benchmark game like the first. It will be a great game I am sure but not something that is going to make everyone go out and buy the latest and greatest hardware.

How do you know this....is there any proff behind this statement?

If not, then we are all just speculating and have no idea as to what it is going to take to run this game.

Remember when the system specs were released for the original.....boy were those WAY OFF :rolleyes:

Hmm, im looking forward to it. Not the demands of it though. I still play crysis and crysis warhead regularly. Some people said it is just eye candy and the gamplay is not that fun, but i disagree, i think the gameplay was quite good, the nano suit is a fairly origional idea. The story line was also quite good.
I agree. The alien parts were kinda lame, but up to that point the game was very fun and exciting.

I think the purpose of the new engine was to be scalable across platforms. They would be stupid to create a sequel to such a revolutionary game by "dumbing" it down. My guess is, it will look amazing on PC and good on consoles and all the console gamers will want PCs so they can play Crysis 2 in all its glory...haha! :rolleyes:

How do you know this....is there any proff behind this statement?

If not, then we are all just speculating and have no idea as to what it is going to take to run this game.

Remember when the system specs were released for the original.....boy were those WAY OFF :rolleyes:

That was just my 0.02

It's a multi-platform game so I doubt it will be a benchmark game for hardware that is out when it releases. I'd be willing to place a bet on it.

I think the purpose of the new engine was to be scalable across platforms. They would be stupid to create a sequel to such a revolutionary game by "dumbing" it down. My guess is, it will look amazing on PC and good on consoles and all the console gamers will want PCs so they can play Crysis 2 in all its glory...haha! :rolleyes:

Somehow I doubt this.

I'm a major fan of the original Crysis and Warhead so I can't wait for this. I just hope that the engine having to run on consoles limited hardware doesn't hold back the pc version to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom