Crysis 2 Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Crytek announces Crysis 2 for consoles and PC - Gamezine.co.uk

Today EA and Crytek announced Crysis 2 for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.

The next instalment of Crysis will be the first game built on Crytek's CryENGINE 3 and will be released for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. EA will publish the game.

"The development of Crysis 2 marks a major stepping stone for our studio," said Cevat Yerli, CEO of Crytek, who had hinted at a multiplatform console game in April.

"This is not only the next game in the Crysis franchise, it's the first title we are developing for consoles and the first title being built on CryENGINE 3. We are excited to have the support of EA Partners again as we work together to make the launch of Crysis 2 a huge event."

Following the announcement of CryENGINE 3 for consoles, it was inevitable that Crytek's next game would be for multiple platforms, but it wasn't obvious that it would be Crysis 2.

"Nothing speaks more to the success of the EA Partners program than when a studio the calibre of Crytek continues to work with us," said David DeMartini, Senior Vice President and General Manager of EA Partners.

"Crytek is already one of the elite PC development studios in the world and we are excited to have the opportunity to partner with them in bringing their award-winning technology and gameplay to more platforms and a wider audience with Crysis 2."

We have a new benchmark game !

I'm actually kind of excited about this one, but if you are a gamer for the next two years.. I think there's a good chance you'll either be broke or never bored

This is what you will be hearing soon.

"Time to upgrade" "What hardware do I need to run Crysis 2 maxed out" "Do I need Tri- sli"

Hmm, im looking forward to it. Not the demands of it though. I still play crysis and crysis warhead regularly. Some people said it is just eye candy and the gamplay is not that fun, but i disagree, i think the gameplay was quite good, the nano suit is a fairly origional idea. The story line was also quite good.

Hmm, im looking forward to it. Not the demands of it though. I still play crysis and crysis warhead regularly. Some people said it is just eye candy and the gamplay is not that fun, but i disagree, i think the gameplay was quite good, the nano suit is a fairly origional idea. The story line was also quite good.

i think i read in some article that they said the new engine will be better optimized so it won't be so demanding like the first crysis

^well that is good news.

One thing that could suck is that this will be a multiplatform game, so i hope that does not effect how good it will be for pc.

TBH I think I'd be more excited about another 2D Pacman than this, but hey, thanks for the heads up anyway! :)

i think i read in some article that they said the new engine will be better optimized so it won't be so demanding like the first crysis

I would not put to much stock in what that article said......I remember what was said about the first one also....I would guess that people will need to upgrade, or it will run like poo on most machines, unless details and resolution are turned way down.

This is just my opinion of course, but if i were a betting man, this is how I would bet for sure. :)

Even if the graphics are better on pc, which I doubt more than slightly, the game will not be as open as the original. The consoles can't handle big levels. This is pretty ***.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom