Crysis 2 Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care how consoles do it, whether it be hardware or optimized code. You cannot escape the fact that very few PC games look as good as AAA titles on both consoles, Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, Forza 3, Fight Night Round 4 (it boggles the mind how many polygons those charachter models must be made of :eek:) and many more.

I am not a console fan boy. Yes i have a PS3, yes i have had a 360, but i also spend alot of money on my PC if and when i have it. I'm just stating facts here.

Still, it's non negotiable that FPS's are better on PC :D

I don't care how consoles do it, whether it be hardware or optimized code. You cannot escape the fact that very few PC games look as good as AAA titles on both consoles, Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, Forza 3, Fight Night Round 4 (it boggles the mind how many polygons those charachter models must be made of :eek:) and many more.

I am not a console fan boy. Yes i have a PS3, yes i have had a 360, but i also spend alot of money on my PC if and when i have it. I'm just stating facts here.

Still, it's non negotiable that FPS's are better on PC :D

Actually in my experience pc games look better hands down. On the current gen consoles they have to make some major concessions with graphics. You find one of two things, either they go low res with light AA or high res with no AA. Either way the game looks like crap. On an SD TV you wont notice it, but more and more people are using HDTVs and I have played several games on my HD set on the 360 and honestly they looked terrible. Jaggies all over the place. That is another advantage of PCs. They have almost always had games at a high resolution. You can't change the output source and say the games are high def. I don't think any console games are rendered in 1080 right now. But there are quite a few gamers with high res pc monitors.

My monitor is only 1680x1050, nowhere near HD, but I actually run my games at the advertised res and with AA. They look much better than any console game. not only that but I have a samsung, and it kicks a cheap HDs set's *** for picture quality.

News Flash: Current-gen video games are most often NOT in Full HD

The article is from awhile ago, but it basically outlines the issue.

^complete 100% 1+ agreed. Pc games have better sound, better graphics, better, better controls, better map size, everything. Pc games are much better then console games.

The thing I don't get is why people always say console are better, and why consoles sell better. I think that it has a lot to do with the laziness factor. People would rather buy a box and plug it into the tv and just play the games and pay subscription fees instead of upgrading PCs to constantly stay current, even if the experience is better.

Consoles and PC's have their advantages.

Things going for consoles:
Easy setup, easy to use
Typically cheaper
Great for multiplayer games without needing multiple systems (for me this is the biggest, its great playing on my PC but if I have friends over we can't unless they drag their computers over.)
Fighting games (thers barely any on PC)
Other games that are only on consoles
etc

The thing I don't get is why people always say console are better, and why consoles sell better. I think that it has a lot to do with the laziness factor. People would rather buy a box and plug it into the tv and just play the games and pay subscription fees instead of upgrading PCs to constantly stay current, even if the experience is better.

People are intimidated by pcs.

They think the mouse and keyboard combo is a horrible setup, and most of them haven't even tried it. They grew up on a controller and think it is the natural user input device which is much easier to use than a keyboard and mouse when, in reality, the opposite is true.

People view pc gaming as too complex and are afraid of just going out and trying to learn how to do it. It isn't that much harder.

Some of them are under the impression that there are a lot more hackers and that there are so many hackers that it completely ruins the game. This of course is rubbish. There may be more hackers, but the magnitude of them is so much less than they think. They have their fair share of hackers themselves. I heard about that Halo 2. Once you get over lvl 30, you always get into games with modders (what they call hackers) and you just can't win anymore without hacking yourself.

They think the mouse and keyboard combo is a horrible setup, and most of them haven't even tried it. They grew up on a controller and think it is the natural user input device which is much easier to use than a keyboard and mouse when, in reality, the opposite is true.

I would say that depends on the game. I would much rather use a gamepad on fighting games, platform games, and racing games (not counting wheel).

But most newer games coming out do support the xbox360 controller directly anyways.

The funny thing is since zmatt posted that gaming is better on PC's, no one has contradicted him. Why? Because it's true.

You can use gamepads, xbox controllers, joysticks, etc. on pc's too; they're not limited to consoles. The only real reason to get a console is to play games which have only been released for console. All the other reasons are bull**** to be honest.
I've got an xbox 360 and a PS2 at home, and I only use them to play games I can't on the PC (e.g Guitar Hero (which I don't play anymore thanks to FOF))

On topic: WOOT! A new crysis! I'm definitely looking forward to this one.
slightly off topic: most people only bash crysis to disagree with other people who like it. And as the graphics of the game were one of the things people liked most about it, that was used by those 'others' as a reason not to like it, for the people who liked it were OBVIOUSLY fanboys who only liked pretty colors/colours.

I have played on all the new consols, and most of the old ones, and most of the very old ones, and i like the keyboard and mouse over all of their controllers. I hate consol controllers. Also for fps's the mouse is far more acurate at a faster speed also.

I have played on all the new consols, and most of the old ones, and most of the very old ones, and i like the keyboard and mouse over all of their controllers. I hate consol controllers. Also for fps's the mouse is far more acurate at a faster speed also.

Agreed, short of giving you a gun the mouse is the best way to play FPS games.

I think a lot of people don't understand that pc gaming is far more versatile than consoles could ever be. You can sue any controller, and through emulators play just about any game. And the pay to play multiplayer model that xbox live has is bull ****. Microsoft isn't providing anything essential that couldn't be done for free. The clients already have the internet connection and most game companies have free company sponsored servers. I feel bad for the console guys who have to pay for something that pc gaming has had for free for 30 years.

My favorite console controller is the dual shock 2 for the ps2, and i don't think it comes anywhere close to the keyboard and mouse.

Anyways back OT, I wish that the teaser actually showed more about what the game was going to be like instead of just saying "hey crysis 2 is coming".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom