Crysis 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean W.

Fully Optimized
a quick question about Crysis 2.

is Crysis 2 going to be anything like when Crysis came out? no one could play it at max settings and the people who could spent thousands on their rigs?

meh i was a sophomore in highschool when Crysis came out, wasnt exactly rolling in dough. i havnt been able to play it till i got this computer about a month ago.

they SAY it will actually be slightly less demanding, I fear that translates to "I know we never admit we're going to but....we've dumbed it down for the consoles...."

a new game using Dx11 and its going to be less demanding?

im getting 40 - 50 FPS in Crysis, so your saying that ill get high FPS with Crysis 2?

they SAY it will actually be slightly less demanding, I fear that translates to "I know we never admit we're going to but....we've dumbed it down for the consoles...."

This is exactly it. They have optimized the Cry Engine 3 for pretty much "on demand" porting to consoles from PC and vice versa in real time. Meaning, it has real time optimizations for console that they will probably use to dumb down the graphics if the game cant be run on current hardware near the release date.

As for Crysis, i was in Highschool myself and had SLI 7950GTs with an x2 4200+ and maxed Crysis out on a 19" LCD. When one 7950 fried and XFX replaced it with an 8800GS it was a different story cause Vista crapped my system so bad. I couldnt run Crysis DX10 until i got a DDR2 machine with 4gb RAM.

The only DX11 game that bogged my machine down with a single 5770 was Metro 2033 but i think its because of the constant particles and the Nvidia PhysX crap. When i got a second one though it was fine as well as putting my Asus P1 in. I dont believe Crysis 2 will go this route though since it is a completely different gaming environment and rendering process.

im expecting it the be the most graphic intensive game ever made... if its anything but, i will be disappointed.

seeing what the people who made the Heaven benchmark did with DX11, im very excited to see what Crytec has done with it.

Heaven didnt really show much of tessellation power and unfortunately i dont expect Crysis 2 to either. But im just judging based on screens ive seen from the game. It could be a whole different story upon release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom