Crysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

computerneeder

Baseband Member
what makes crysis so hard to play on computers ive always wondered this lol..ive looked at the recommeneded specifications on the box before and it didnt look like anything that demanding?

ok so just to let everyone know im not double posting this is a ANOTHER new computer im looking at im sure any1 who has read any of my other threads by now knows im looking for a new computer but heres another one i was looking at buying and im wondering if it would play crysis

Micro Center Online - the center of .computer shopping

soooo ^^^ would that game play crysis any1?

and if not....

WHAT WOULD?

Many computers can play it.

Just at what settings? That is the question.

The one you linked, probably Medium at best with 20-30 FPS.

Not playable at all in my opinion. Crysis is only fun if you can max it out, and that cannot.

You want to max crysis out with nice Frames per second? Your looking at at least $900-1000 Just for the case and internals..

how do you get better frames per second...like what determines it your processor and gamercard speeds/memory?

Well it's really complex, for great graphics and great frames per second all at the same time, all your hardware needs to be pretty top notch.

But for crysis the main component to invest in would definitly be the graphics card.

And 8800 Series will do nicely, anything at or above an 8800 GTS G92 will be fine for relatively high settings.

You would also need at least a Dual core CPU, and you can buy a cheaper one such as a 3600+ Brisbane or Intel C2D E2140 (Or whatever) and overclock it..

2 GB memory is also a must, and unpatched crysis game absolutely sucks on memory, like it is water.

I haven't patched my crysis yet, and if I am playing for 2+ hours, mem usage can hit upwards of 1.5 GB.

Just to give you an idea, I went all Out on my Setup.
PC Power & Cooling 610 Watt Continious
Abit IX38 Quad GT
Q6600
Crucial Ballistix Tracer's 2 GB (800 Mhz)
Gigabyte 8800GTX
Audigy 2 ZS

My Quad core is Overclocked to 3.6 Ghz and my GTX is at Stock speeds.
I play Crysis at 1440X900, maxed out with custom graphics file here:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f15/advanced-crysis-tweaking-162787/

And 2X AA.

And I get 25-35 Frames Per second.

what makes crysis so hard to play on computers ive always wondered this lol..ive looked at the recommeneded specifications on the box before and it didnt look like anything that demanding?

ok so just to let everyone know im not double posting this is a ANOTHER new computer im looking at im sure any1 who has read any of my other threads by now knows im looking for a new computer but heres another one i was looking at buying and im wondering if it would play crysis

Micro Center Online - the center of .computer shopping

soooo ^^^ would that game play crysis any1?

and if not....

WHAT WOULD?

LOL just...LOL!!!!!!!a 7100??? play crysis??? no...just no...not possible....

And 8800 Series will do nicely, anything at or above an 8800 GTS G92 will be fine for relatively high settings.

I can get 40 average with the custom file I'm using for very high on my 8800GT. You don't need a GTS g92 unless you're playing at higher res.

how do you get better frames per second...like what determines it your processor and gamercard speeds/memory?

Dude if you want something that will handle World Of Warcraft then that will do. Besides even my computer couldn't handle more then like low to medium settings on Crysis and remain stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom