Crysis!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes i suppose backup287, But lets be fair how much difference does the extra memory make between the 640 and 768 on the GTX, all of 1Fps. Memory is a bit misleading after 256mb theres really not much need in games, ok so 512mb is a SMALL improvment over 256mb for games.

... I run FarCry Max Settings, 4x AA (max allowed) 16x Filtering and average about 70 - 90Fps, 60-70Fps in demanding situations.

Well the card they used for the infamous demo that everyones see on the internet of the game, was a 8800gtx to run it. So with a 8800gts you should be able to play it at medium-high. With the 8800gtx everything was cranked up with eye candy, and it ran silky smooth.

K M A N said:
Yes i suppose backup287, But lets be fair how much difference does the extra memory make between the 640 and 768 on the GTX, all of 1Fps. Memory is a bit misleading after 256mb theres really not much need in games, ok so 512mb is a SMALL improvment over 256mb for games.

... I run FarCry Max Settings, 4x AA (max allowed) 16x Filtering and average about 70 - 90Fps, 60-70Fps in demanding situations.

I guess so, i guess its what the gpu is clocked at, well see when crysis comes out we can only wait and see

K M A N said:

there's a way bigger difference than memory in the two cards... there's stream processor difference.. and i think pixel shaders.. as well as clock.. don't just look at the memory.. thats not what makes the prices difference.. and the difference between the gts and gtx is not a small one...

Beefcake said:
By then there is a chance the 8900 GTX and "X2900 XTX" would be out.

ha.. funny... judging things already.. remember how the 7900 still lost to the x1900xtx???? then the x1950xtx creamed??? i think nvidia hope of keeping lead again is the 8950

Well im not really worried,I got some extra dough so I cancelled the order for the 320mb GTS, and got the 640mb. Now the only problem is waiting for it to come out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom