Cryostasis Tech Demo - PhysX + DX10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesnt matter guys, you can add a second card for physx in a spare pci-e slot.

Like they showed even something as low as an 8600GT handles physx very well.

So you're saying I can run a 4870x2 as my main, then get an nvidia card like an 9800gt or gtx or whatever for a physx card?

That sounds like a mean case of conflicting drivers :S Each company can barely put out really good drivers that work solo it seems, let alone run together :/.

What would I do, just skip the nvidia driver installation, and only install the cuda and physx packages? Cause if so that's pretty sweet, and im gonna grab a 9800gtx on boxing day or something.

So you're saying I can run a 4870x2 as my main, then get an nvidia card like an 9800gt or gtx or whatever for a physx card?

That sounds like a mean case of conflicting drivers :S Each company can barely put out really good drivers that work solo it seems, let alone run together :/.

What would I do, just skip the nvidia driver installation, and only install the cuda and physx packages? Cause if so that's pretty sweet, and im gonna grab a 9800gtx on boxing day or something.

you only instal the phsyx drivers not the gpu drivers.

also for the crysis coment no a city would be much easier to render then jungle. solid buuildings dont move where as trees and gras blowing in the wind do.

also for the crysis coment no a city would be much easier to render then jungle. solid buuildings dont move where as trees and gras blowing in the wind do.

Buildings are a little larger, too.. It's debateable. I wouldn't think a city environment would be easy to run. Look at oblivion, it's framerate is far worse in city's even with no AI around.

Well then I guess it depends on how much detail and atmosphere you want in the city. If it's gonna be a city with people and cars and stuff like that (like GTA IV), then it will be intensive. If you want a deserted city that's just in ruins or something, then probably less intensive. They could definitely pull that off nicely- something like an I Am Legend game :).

Well then I guess it depends on how much detail and atmosphere you want in the city. If it's gonna be a city with people and cars and stuff like that (like GTA IV), then it will be intensive. If you want a deserted city that's just in ruins or something, then probably less intensive. They could definitely pull that off nicely- something like an I Am Legend game :).

Yeh, it would be really good.

physx drivers need cuda/forceware to run, they dont work by themselves.

So, if one has an ATi card, how do they set up an NVidia card as a Physx card? And can I use that NVidia card as a folding card also?

You install the card into your second pci-e slot, install the cuda 2.0 drivers and the physx software.

Then you go into start/programs/nvidia coprporation and make sure Geforce physx is enabled.

looking at this has got me wishing for a new pc o_0

got a single slot pci-e mobo and it isent a good one at that

one thing though, would a PCI PhysX card work ok with a ATI card i might look at picking one up if its any good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom