Crazy Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonCrafter

Daemon Poster
Well, I just installed BF1942 on my new comp (see sig). After about 15 minutes of play the game just froze and there was nothing I could do. All my drivers are up to date as well as all recent patches for the game. I never had this problem on my old junk dell. What the heck could be doing this?

Meh.. It happens.. I'd doubt your overheating with the fatass ultra heatsink

Ahh!! It just did it AGAIN!! This is rediculous. There's no obvious reason for this to be happening.

It must be the drivers. Just because the drivers are up to date doesn't mean that there aren't bugs. For example, the newest Catalyst drivers have bugs with HL2 (even though Valve collaborated with ATI in HL2 development) where as the older ones did not. Just roll back drivers and read the release notes. I don't know bout Nvidia but ATI publishes releases notes with every driver release (something that NO ONE seems to read and subsequently complain) noting what has been fixed and consequently what has been damaged or damaged *sigh* again.

hu_xu said:
It must be the drivers. Just because the drivers are up to date doesn't mean that there aren't bugs. For example, the newest Catalyst drivers have bugs with HL2 (even though Valve collaborated with ATI in HL2 development) where as the older ones did not. Just roll back drivers and read the release notes. I don't know bout Nvidia but ATI publishes releases notes with every driver release (something that NO ONE seems to read and subsequently complain) noting what has been fixed and consequently what has been damaged or damaged *sigh* again.

I looked and didnt see any info about BF. Good idea though. I appreciate it.

if you got the time, try taking out one gfx card (it won't hurt..right?) and run non-sli and see if it freezes up

Well their's 2 things that come to mind as the problem

1: Drivers issue, make sure you got 71.89's or 71.84's (89's are the newst)

2: The Asus mobo, those things mainly from people on other forums that bought them, their considered the buggiest POS'S ever

Yep.. I've heard and witnessed so many problems with that board.. from installing the SATA drives to BIOS problems to RAM munching(will only take the best).

But, all that aside, it is a decent good motherboard if you get lucky.. But there certainly are much better options for SLi

That sucks. I can't change mobos until my warrenty runs out. I havent had any trouble with other games, so hopefully the board is ok.

As far as SLI goes. I'm currently only using one card, so that's not the problem.

Could my screen refresh rate have anything to do with it? I'm set at 1024x768-32 75htz.

Apparently, according to the nvidia forums. Alot of people are having this problem. Something about the drivers and punkbuster not getting alon. Ahh...........its always something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom