Court strikes down California video game law

Status
Not open for further replies.
You work or have stocks in Valve or something? Why would I care about anything non-game related concerning Valve if all my dealings with Valve have been game related :)

No I don't work for valve. I don't believe that Valve stock is publicly traded either.

My point is:

Valve is an entertainment software and technology company founded in 1996 and based in Bellevue, Washington. The company's debut title, Half-Life®, has won over 50 Game of the Year Awards and was named "Best PC Game Ever" in the November 1999, October 2001, and April 2005 issues of PC Gamer, the world's best-selling PC games magazine.

Valve's portfolio of entertainment titles also includes Half-Life® 2, Counter-Strike®, Day of Defeat®, Team Fortress®, and Portal™. This portfolio of titles accounts for over 20 million retail units sold worldwide, and Valve games account for over 80% of the PC online action market.

In addition to producing best selling entertainment titles, Valve is a developer of leading-edge technologies including the Source® game engine and Steam®, a leading platform for digital content with over 10 million registered users.

Today, Valve is composed of just over 160 of the industry's best artists, programmers, and writers. In the company's 12-year history, it has risen from "unlikely new entry" to industry leader, producing a string of best selling and critically acclaimed PC products and technologies.

If they were to go out of business and I could no longer play the games that I've purchased through steam, there would have to be a much "LARGER GRAND SCALE" event or issue for that to happen. Perhaps a great depression or some type of apocalypse of sorts.

If they were to go out of business and I could no longer play the games that I've purchased through steam, there would have to be a much "LARGER GRAND SCALE" event or issue for that to happen. Perhaps a great depression or some type of apocalypse of sorts.

hmmm i think the statement that the only way Valve goes out of business is theres a larger grand scale catrostrophic event is a little unreasonable.

However if an apocalypse of some sorts happens then...yes I think its fair to say I won't be primarily thinking about my long lost steam games :p hehe

Another thing I just thought about, wouldn't that now make it illegial for stores to limit the sales of video games to minors? Such as allowing 17 year old teens to buy M rated games but not allowing 16 year olds? I have also seen some stores sale M to people who where 21 or older and no less.... So technically.... I think wally world may be screwed if I am reading this right...

Lol..for once i actually agree with the 9th circuits decision. Parents should have the ability to decide what their kids may and may not buy..not the state o_O I normally keep uo about stuff like this..weird i didn't hear about until now..when did this get proposed?

:p besides, if they had this law a couple years ago when i was under 17- i wouldn't have been able to play GTA... :eek: i loved GTA :p

Oh, I agree. Rock music and video games have been scapegoats for poor parenting and it's time parents start taking responsibility for their screw ups instead of blaming their child's behavior on something else.

what he said. No one likes confrontation when it comes to parenting, so they like to blame something easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom