counterstrike source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forceflow

In Runtime
i used a cd of counterstrike condition zero that came with my radeon x800 pro to get into the counterstrike source beta.

first impressions :

this game is a direct port of counterstrike as you know it to the half life 2 engine. the only map that is avallible is dust at the moment and they gave it a facelift so its not exactly same old.

cs_source uses the havoc engine very well... rag doll physics are the best ive ever seen and boxes, cans, and rubbage can be kicked/shot/rolled down hills and made for cover.

graphics are stunning. models are incredibly realistic, (especially with movements like side stepping) very cool effects such as the flashbang are really really improved and accually distort your vision when you regain sight. hand granades have the ability to give you shell shock. shell shock involves ringing ears, wavy vision and overall disorentation.

gameplay is exactly the same as cs, terrorists verses counter terrorists. same objectives ; kill opposing team and plant bomb for money.

ati cards really run well in this game.

the question i want to ask is has anyone else gotten in? and if so what are your thoughts?

Im going to repost this in game reviews more formally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom