counter strike source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ihatewalmart

Banned
I get kicked off lots of servers cause it says I need a faster internet.

I have cable internet.
Does that mean that my computer isn't fast enough?

Specs are:
2gb of ram,
intel pentium 4 2.8GHz
xfx geforce 6600 256mb
300gb hard drive
asus ps800d-x motherboard

You're ping probably sucks. I got kicked off of a lot of BF2 servers because my ping was in the 700's. I don't know why that happens though.

the problem is your internet conection. your system specs are ample enough. so just go ahead and disconnect the router when u play a server that usally boots you. and connect the modem directly to your pc. then u can rule out if your other stuff running through your router is slowing thje internet or its your neighborhood. Cable internet works on a "sharing" system. all th people in your neighborhood connect to this one main "router" in the neighborhood then then connects to the company. So on those days when there is less people online youll get better internet.
I realized this was plenty true as i was a cable internet user for about 6 months and now i use Bellsouth DSL. It goes directly from your house to the company and there is a better speed in downloads and in uploads. so if you really need the speed you need to switch to DSL:p

samuraiwarrior said:
the problem is your internet conection. your system specs are ample enough. so just go ahead and disconnect the router when u play a server that usally boots you. and connect the modem directly to your pc. then u can rule out if your other stuff running through your router is slowing thje internet or its your neighborhood. Cable internet works on a "sharing" system. all th people in your neighborhood connect to this one main "router" in the neighborhood then then connects to the company. So on those days when there is less people online youll get better internet.
I realized this was plenty true as i was a cable internet user for about 6 months and now i use Bellsouth DSL. It goes directly from your house to the company and there is a better speed in downloads and in uploads. so if you really need the speed you need to switch to DSL:p

Exactly. If a lot of your neighbors have cable internet, your connection (and theirs too) will be VERY slow. DSL is a direct line to your house, so there is no sharing with neighbors. You could go around and cut all your neighbors' cable lines so that your internet speed increases. :D (don't really do it. :p)

Maybe your joining high ping servers? Make the server list order itself in order of the lowest to highest ping, then try to join a server with people in it, and a low ping.

NO none of my neighbors have cable internet and this is very fast its never slow except near christmas time cause of the people on the internet

It could be your computer, if you have a lot of **** on it, that could be the reason.

Check for spyware, virus's and other miscilanious infections.

I just redid windows and some of the servers say that I am a hackor cause I rush every round and kill about 4-5 people each round and a few times even 10.

I wish I new how to hack but I don't
I don't even know what hacking is

so is your internet working now? and try going on others servers that have people that can match your skills
----------------------------------------
hacking is retrieving information from one location and copying it to another system. yes, I read the 2600 :)
technicly there is no single way of "hacking". You can't teach it to some one, you got to learn it yourself, it's like trying to explain, well, I dont know but something that is forever changing.

[edit] oh i forgot to add, people on a server will say that your hacking becasue they want to justify why they are losing, basicly finding a scape goat.[/edit]

Hey do what i had to do my internet started to suck really really bad and i kept getting kicked off. so my parents called comcast and they installed a cable booster or something like that, you plug one end of the cable into it, plug the booster thingy into the outlet, and plug the cable cennection from the booster to your modem and my internet is haulin *** right now.

i just ran a test and im getting my full 4 mb/s before i got the thing they installed i was only getting about 500kb/s-1mb/s because alot of people around here have cable internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom