Counter Strike Source, 5 Years On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
It's nearly 5years since the November 1st Release date on Steam for Counter Strike Source, and still, in mine, and many others opinions - still the top FPS.

It may not have the most online players on absolute terms, but i don't know of any other games with the age of Counter Strike 1.6 and Source which are still played by so many, and for so long. I know many poeple that have had CSS since launch, and still putting in 60 hours a week. I don't know anyone that does this on any other games.

It doesn't even boast any pertectularly good features. Standard no thrills FPS gameplay, a load of guns and thats about it.

I think what makes it so great for me is the skill level required to play the game, it is so hard to be a consistently good performing player, i don't find that in any other game. I can pick up any CoD game after months of not playing and do well, yet if i don't play CSS for just 2 weeks i suck. I also find it far more competitive then any other game.

Now.. if only they'd make a CSS 2 :D

My son would agree with you....he has played it religiously since it has come out.

I think he has played with the same team for like 3 years....then they split....now they are back together again.

They are pretty good.

I never played it actually. I wasn't really much of a pc gamer 5 years ago. I'll be sure not to miss counter strike the next time around though.

I've been playing counter strike religiously for a while, mostly with 1.6, but in the last few months switched to source. I've been thinking about what exactly does draw me to it. Perhaps the fact that it is so simplistic that it's just the perfect shooter. Some shooters are very easy for me, such as COD4 and 5. But counter strike games take a lot of practice to get decent. Each gun in cs has it's positives and negatives, but in a game such as COD4, I feel that the M4 is the perfect weapon (strong, good range, accurate). CS:S isn't loaded with anything, it's just how well you handle yourself in the game.

probably longer than that lol 3-57 i rule ha ha.

Don't worry, that's where we all start.

Try to get good on Dust 2 and Office maps first, as they are the most popular.

Burst fire is key with AK47 and M4A1, Ak47 can burst up to 3 accurately, M4a1 maybe 4 or 5.

Pull down on your mouse slightly after the 2nd ak47 shot, u will find urself killing more.

There the basics to succeed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom