Counter Strike Source, 5 Years On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhh......

I've been playing CS and CS:S forever. Anyone remember the good ole days without steam and you had to remember the ip addresses to all your favorite servers? LOL.

I would like to play competitively again. My team fell apart about 2 or 3 years ago.....we had been together since CS 1.5. I miss it a lot.

Scrimming and matches were always the most fun to me.

I rarely find any of my close friends playing CS:S and so I eventually left it but always like to dabble back in it a bit. It seems like a great deal of Tech Forum peeps still playing this ( 10+ ), so it always tempts me to ask us all to get a group going on ( where were forced to be running steam :p ), but then I remember how badly our L4D and UT3 group ups went where I only met like 3 people on 3 seperate occasions...:(

How can aiming your gun at a person's feet and the bullet's magically going up in a random spray be deemed realistic? Any game that does that, while not a bad mechanic per say, detracts from realism. Every game has luck, well except maybe a game like chess, I just feel CSS requires more luck than others substantially.

And for god's sake don't ever compare Counter-Strike to a real-life firefight.

You're the guy who brought up the concepts of "realism" and "unrealistic," thus it is you who is comparing video games to real life. I am attempting to correct your misconceptions.

I am pointing out the following:

1.) Random dumb luck is a huge factor in actual combat.
2.) Fully automatic fire from a rifle caliber firearm WILL have a characteristic spray pattern. The pattern between test fires will different each time, thus random.
Depending on the firearm, it can be **** near impossible to control unless you are specifically braced for it, particularly for the AK.

I feel confident stating this because I am speaking from direct experience. 11A5P, if that means anything to you. If it doesn't, then keep your internet bravado to yourself.

I love source and drinking at the same time, even better when there's a bunch of funny people together. There can be some crazy pics though.

You're the guy who brought up the concepts of "realism" and "unrealistic," thus it is you who is comparing video games to real life. I am attempting to correct your misconceptions.

I am pointing out the following:

1.) Random dumb luck is a huge factor in actual combat.
2.) Fully automatic fire from a rifle caliber firearm WILL have a characteristic spray pattern. The pattern between test fires will different each time, thus random.
Depending on the firearm, it can be **** near impossible to control unless you are specifically braced for it, particularly for the AK.

I feel confident stating this because I am speaking from direct experience. 11A5P, if that means anything to you. If it doesn't, then keep your internet bravado to yourself.

which division?

The Cevo team that my son is on is undefeated and will be playing a team that has a pro on it, along with some great teamates as well.....the pro has played on tv in that CCS gaming tournament.....it is going to be broadcast on Source tv monday night on the net. He said it will have like a 30 second delay.

He is really pumped about this....lol

The Cevo team that my son is on is undefeated and will be playing a team that has a pro on it, along with some great teamates as well.....the pro has played on tv in that CCS gaming tournament.....it is going to be broadcast on Source tv monday night on the net. He said it will have like a 30 second delay.

He is really pumped about this....lol

psssht it looks like your son has already outshined you in the CS department :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom