Counter-Strike and router....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centropolis

Baseband Member
I have bought a new computer and a D-Link 604 router to share internet connection between two computers and a laptop. I am only going to play CS on the new computer. I have a ADSL connection from Bell Sympatico in Toronto.

I have not installed the router yet because I heard from people that there are lots of things you can't do once you've installed a router. I am worried that I will not be able to play CS.

I'm sure some of you have been able to setup CS behind a router. Can someone please give me simple instructions on how to set it up?

Please help! I am dying to play!

I play CS and I am behind a router. I have never had any problems. Just set your router up as you normally would and then start CS.

Yea playing shouldnt be an issue. HOSTING may be. In that case, try setting yourself as the DMZ host in the router settings.

You should not have a problem with counter strike. The only things you will have problems with is file transfers on IRC. And maybe a couple of file transfers errors on aim. Other than that everything should work. Configuration is the key. You shouldnt have to do any reconfiguring but if you hook it all up and its not working post again and let us know and im sure someone here will help you.

Yea ive been playin cs for 3 years, and 2 years through 2 different routers. Its No big deal unless you want to host a game.

What are you worried about?

I've been playing CS for 2 years now, problem free behind a router, and I HOST!! If you host btw, all you have to do is forward ports to your internal IP. I think its port 20175. Routers should have no effect on CS Gameplay..

yeah setting up a router is a pain for CS, and you may be behind a firewall, you need to forward ports. oh yeah, and nice icon Guy

Ya, Nix is right. Sometimes forwarding is only half of it. You might also have to make yourself the DMZ host.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom