Counter Strike 1.6 And Day Of Defeat FPS Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
man seriously, update your graphics drivers. If you havn't reformated your hard drive and done a fresh install of windows for a long time then you might want to do that. Years of built up program installs and the like clog up your system can cause it to run at undesirable rates.

Well i don't really see a problem here.

Have you tried cleaning out the dust of the computer and card? My rig stared to get really choppy on 1.6 (a while back) and i found out i had a load of dust in my heatsink.

Heat can play a huge roll, clean up :).

Also my rig was a p4 @ 2.8ghz with a fx5200 and 1 gig of ram.

yeah it's pretty clean actually..

i'm noticing some tearing as well while playing DoD, vsync is off but turning it on would limit me to 60fps (since my monitor's refresh rate is 60hz)

i haven't updated my graphics card drivers yet for those of you wondering, i was hoping for more opinions on the matter. i also wanted to ask... if i make a system restore point now and something goes wrong with the new drivers, will doing a restore reset me back to the old ones?

You need to update drivers, seriously.
Its just software, you wont damage your computer.

Theres nothing wrong with 60fps, most of us play at 60fps anyways. I dont see why you want to get so much fps, your monitor can only display 60. Hardware does give out, and your stuff is pretty old.

i wouldn't mind if i got a stable 60fps throughout the whole game, what bothered me was the drops down to 30-40 fps, when that shouldn't really be happening on games as old as cs 1.6 and DoD

i'll look into updating my drivers, but as i asked before, will a system restore revert me back to the ones i have now if something goes wrong? or does it not work that way... ?

No.

You can just download old drivers and install them, but thats taking a step backwards.
Newer drivers are not meant to harm the computer, theyre meant to run more stable and give
optimal performance. Right now its like youre driving a car with the same tires it came with, and
the tread is worn out.

And you say the system is 4 years old, well i assume you have the same install of windows xp.
A reformat will give a major boost and bring life back to it. But keep in mind, hardware does die out.

Can a difference between 60 fps and 100 fps reallybe seen??? I play CSS at max settings with the res completly maxed and vsync turned on.

I don't even worry about fps but if having vsync turned on puts me at 60 fps I'm fine with that. It plays great...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom