"Core-i7-waste-of-money-says-nvidia"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the article for just gaming performance, for the games out there today.

Now benchmarking would be a different story, but gaming and bench marking are two different beast.

For gaming , most of the time it is about the GPU....not ALWAYS...but most of the time.

Even with my E6600 at 2.4 Ghz, the difference between my buddies rig with an E8400 at 3.0 Ghz is not at all noticable when playing games....Games like UT3.....Stalker...Fallout 3....matter of fact with he had a 9800 GTX instead of his GTX 260......his performance was not as good. This was all compared at 1680x1050 resolution.

So yes, I believe that article, if you are just talking about gaming only.

Well...those games you listed are really well made, and thus they're easy to run on a variety of systems, but yes you're probably still right lol.

I think the only thing this article really is trying to say is that upgrading from a nice core2duo or Qcore to an i7 is not the wisest idea. Something better will come along.

Blah, I'm sick of this **** fighting with Nvidia and everyone comparing multi-core new CPUs.

The fact of the matter is, if you have a Q6x00 and higher quad, E5x00 and higher dual core, any AMD Phenom II tri or quad core, you're going to be just fine on gaming. Some are going to get 5fps less than others. If you're gaming at 800x600 sure you're going to see a bigger difference, but at the resolution you're most likely playing at, your moneys are better off in the video card dept.

As stated before there are some minor draw backs to the i7 (at last the 920 affordable series) when in gaming - however - these are easily out-weighed by a good GPU - you may not have the top ranking benchmark in the world -but hey unless your going to pay thousands of dollars a month to keep on top - you won't keep your top position anyway.

Out of gaming - the i7 works wonders, performance excels that of anything before hand - and yes I love mine to death. I have cut/paste zipped/unzipped named/renamed so much faster then ever before - it has been a dream encoding Mpegs compressing FRAPS movies into a clear/crisp movie for uploading/downloading (DRAFT PUNK TECHNOLOGIC now plays....) and multi-tasking has never been easier with 4 (or 8 if you want to look at it like that) cores of power.

I can't wait to start playing games that are enhanced for multicore performance.

Edit* I am such a girl... of course I would YouTube DRAFT PUNK TECHNOLOGIC to have it playing in the background as I write all of this to you. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom