"Core-i7-waste-of-money-says-nvidia"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spent the previous post shooting down your rebuttal to my previous post. Check the links the e8400 wins in things other than gaming. Its a better balanced chip.

Also the x3 tops out at about 3.8ghz. That's a bit short of 4ghz wouldn't you say?

^^ The e8400 isn't included on all of the charts so it's not possible to get a overall feel for how it performs vs the x3 from those benchmarks.

That's true, but it is on most of the charts. My point about Anandtech not being the end all be all still stands.

But back on topic, I agree with what you are saying, Matt, about the little tiff between intel and nVidia. It's kind of like a schoolyard fight where they take turn throwing rocks and calling each other names. The i7 is still an amazing processor, because there are more things to use your computer for than gaming.

He then showed how this increased as you upgraded the CPU (the blue line in the graph above), and compared it to how the frame rate increased when you added another graphics card in SLI. The frame rate only increased to 42.4fps after upgrading to a Core i7 965, but jumped all the way up to 59.4fps after upgrading to a GeForce GTX 260 (216 stream processors) SLI setup.

I guess no one picked up on the bull in this paragraph. ITS CALLED BEING GPU BOTTLENECKED.

Not only that but those benchmarks are mostly synthetic, and why Fear? That's a single threaded game from several years ago.

Yet the 720 beats the E8400 at it, even if it's only a few frames. Which isn't bad for being 20 bucks cheaper.

And up-smash, don't feel stupid for buying an i7 based on what that ridiculous article says. It's still an amazing processor. Intel is still winning the performance game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom