Considering ENDING PC Gaming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of us as PC gamers go through this state every now and then. It's just the horrible downfall of PC gaming. We may get better graphics, cooler looking setups, faster frame rates, and more options but we do pay a toll for it. If you are a true PC gamer though, you will find a way to truck through it and make the best of what you have and work towards somthing better. 1 month ago I had a computer that was running AMD Duron 800Mhz with an nVIDIA Gefroce FX-5200 (which I used for the past 4 years), but I didn't give up and kept working towards better. I dunno if that makes any sense or not but that is my boost of confidence to you. Stay with it. PC gaming is a fine and hard art to master sometimes with new technology arising everyday.

::-Chase-::

Chase said:
We may get better graphics, cooler looking setups, faster frame rates, and more options but we do pay a toll for it. If you are a true PC gamer though, you will find a way to truck through it and make the best of what you have and work towards somthing better.

Amen to that. Its a lot of work saving my cash for that better pc, but in the long run i know its gonna be better (or at least i think it will be). I will remain a PC Gamer for life. I want to tell my grandkids that i use to use a 32 bit processor and that i had it rough, with my 6600gt! then we will all have a good laugh and get back to storming the beaches of normandy in a fully simulated virtual reality bad ass system that litterally puts u on the beaches! well, that may be a bit off.

i have been trough three computers so for trying to save up enough money to build my own but i have to play the games i can with the computer that i have i have a pen3 933mhz sitting on the floor right now that i started out with and im on a 2.6 celeron right now im getting a 3.0 pen4 on saturday trading this one in so u should feel lucky u have shelled out all this money and u have a good computer right now i would love to have a computer like that right now but i keep hitting snaggs so i want to see u on playing games when i get my computer all built up ok? so don't give up gaming

The PS3 looks awesome. To me the Xbox 360 is only a gaming console. Other than the R500 it isn't really next gen tech in terms of innovation. The PS3 to me is like a media station and has true next gen tech like the cell processor and blu-ray. In terms of tech, PS3 trumps Xbox 360. Game selection is still to be seen. Honestly I can't wait for PS3 debut but even though consoles might have a slight tech advantage PCs will always surpass them because of the ability to upgrade. But yeah the cost advantage is tremendous if you ONLY look at PC as a gaming station.

CJ is walking through the streets of LS with flowers for his gf in his hands. Suddenly a pack of Ballers come running up on him. Frantically CJ switches from the flowers to his brass nuckles, and then to his knife, and then to his pistol, and then to his uzi. He starts blasting and takes down all four of the rival gang members, but he is now down to 75% health and no body armor.

CJ is walking through the streets of LS with flowers for his gf in his hands. Suddenly a pack of Ballers come running up on him. He quickly pushes 5 on the keyboard and switches to his uzi. He starts blasting and takes down all four of the rival gang members with hardly a scratch. And just for kicks he recorded a video of the afair to share with his friends online.

and you say your console is superior to my PC. :amazed:

tajahem said:
CJ is walking through the streets of LS with flowers for his gf in his hands. Suddenly a pack of Ballers come running up on him. Frantically CJ switches from the flowers to his brass nuckles, and then to his knife, and then to his pistol, and then to his uzi. He starts blasting and takes down all four of the rival gang members, but he is now down to 75% health and no body armor.

CJ is walking through the streets of LS with flowers for his gf in his hands. Suddenly a pack of Ballers come running up on him. He quickly pushes 5 on the keyboard and switches to his uzi. He starts blasting and takes down all four of the rival gang members with hardly a scratch. And just for kicks he recorded a video of the afair to share with his friends online.

and you say your console is superior to my PC. :amazed:

ahahha

yea, that's just one of the many bad things about console

Well in the defence of the computer, I curently love gothic 2, battlefield 2, star wars battlefront, war of the rings, Knights of the Old republic 2 ( hard to believe, but starcraft} my brother has all the best platforms, and still find his cp to be the best. thats gaming wise, there are sure other aplications, this forum for exsample, you sound like a gamer, and the pc will to date give you the best game.

yosa said:
Well in the defence of the computer, I curently love gothic 2, battlefield 2, star wars battlefront, war of the rings, Knights of the Old republic 2 ( hard to believe, but starcraft} my brother has all the best platforms, and still find his cp to be the best. thats gaming wise, there are sure other aplications, this forum for exsample, you sound like a gamer, and the pc will to date give you the best game.

KOTOR2 for PC is an Xbox port.

There a lot of quality games you can find on console that you can't find on PC...Halo 2 for example. There seems to be a pattern (and a smart one financially) that PC games are being ported to consoles.

Consoles is where most gaming $$$ is made. So much so that I predict that in the future especially with the release of Xbox 360 and PS3 that most PC games if not all will be console ports.

You look at Unreal 3...the images that people were drooling about for a game (Gears of War) that will be released on next gen consoles.

Many FPS fans hate consoles because they lack a keyboard and mouse but I think console makers will recognize this demand (if not their marketing department is stupid). Once that happens could you imagine HL2 on PS3. It will be visually superior than PC which is really the only other advantage of PCs to consoles in terms of gaming experience.

Maybe the only other advantage much to many people's dismay is programs like Steam that can deliver game updates and etc.

I don't know...I still like PCs especially for FPS mainly because of control. But for everything else like sport games, racing games, action games and even online (Halo 2) consoles deliver a better gaming experience minus visuals. With consoles you don't have to worry about requirements and incompatibility like headaches. I will be very surprised for example if the Xbox version of HL2 will have stutter problems.

what? if you dont want to worry about system requirements, get an fx 57, 4 gigs of ram, 2 7800 gtx's in sli, and 20 wd raptors.
thats 1.5 terabytes of 10,000 rpm storage. mmmmmm 10,000 rpms......

Heyyo,

Bleh, I dunno, console's are ok, but to me they were a gamer's training until I got a good PC. Btw.. for halo2? www.halo2sucks.com lol. :p

I tried Halo2.. and it's a decent game, but it's no Halo1 (classic modes, not with PC's extra weapons n' banshee, they suck.. infact the PC port just sucks cause of time limits and gearbox couldn't handle it.. geez, when did H1 come out for $box, and then eventually to PC? if they diddn't start soo late the time thing wouldn't have been such a prob eh?).

Anywho, I'd rather do pc than console. Me n' some buds are gonna rent a place out, and we all have good comps, what use would it be to get a console? Especially since I'll probably be working at a comp shop n' getting employee distcounts? exactly.

Sure, console's are gaining ground, but diddn't they say that the $box was gonna overthrow PC gaming? did it suceed? nope. Lol, I still remember how much hype needed to be built around the $box, with their press releases, and shows, and that traditional accapella church group singing some songs? yeah, do pc's need advertising? no, they sell themselves. Who remembers the massive hype behind H2? now, who remembers the hype behind wow? If I remember correclty, wow had like, NO advertising campaign, insept maybe some online press. H2 had tv commercials n' everything. Wow's got huge numbers. Huge. If H2 had no ad campaigns like it did, no doupt in my mind WOW would've sold more copies (if it hasn't already).

Enough of me and this holy war between consoles and pcs, just stick with pc gaming. It's like a muscle car man, it gives you crap, but it's damn worth it in the end eh? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom