Company of Heros : OF and GTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMakeHomeMovies

Baseband Member
I mostly play Quake3 and 4, so I guess my lable would be FPS gamer.

I tried an RTS game – Command and Conquer (C&C), and liked it but wasn't ready to spend $40 on it.

Now I heard about Company of Heroes : Opposing Fronts and that it was a good RTS game.

It seems like it is totally different from C&C in the sense that it is a WWII game, but is it basically the same in the level of play?

I mean after 2 hours of playing C&C, I felt like I could play the game and had fun, with Company of Heros, is it similar like that, or is it a game that takes day to get the hang of it?

The reason is that I was looking at getting a 8600 GTS card and I found this one:

Newegg.com - XFX PVT84GUDE3 GeForce 8600GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

It is around the same price for a similar card from eVGA and BFG, but it comes bundled with Company of Heroes – which is a $39 saving then if I but the game separately, and if the COH is similar in skill, ease of picking it up and as entertaining as Comand and Conqure then I am in!

Oh, the game bundle info is here:

XFX

I wonder when XFX will start bundling the girl with a card, then I would buy a pair!!

CoH is a WONDERFUL RTS!!! One of my favorite ever, at first when I heard about it, I was like "ohh, another world war II RTS, boring..." but the mechanics and polish is undeniable, it is very different from C&C.

The resource system is redone, the combat is very different, instead of training individual soldiers you train squads. For example other games you train a single rifle man, in CoH you train a rifle squad, which consists of either 6 or 5 soldiers.

The expansion is going to be stand-alone (you don't need CoH to play it), you can play players playing regular CoH on OF, but you won't be able to use the sides CoH has, and vise versa.

If you're not sure about it just download the demo of it.

I bought it last week also and I highly recommend it. It has a different feel then just any regular RTS! I haven't tried online play yet, but campaign is pretty sweeeet.

It's nothing like commander and conquer. :)

So much more intresting, I own every command and conquer in real disc...not First Decade...but CoH is so much better.

so is it worth getting on steam then? ive looked at it, and thought about it, but never been sure if its been worth my money. if someone could describe in detail the gameplay, please do. i love WW!! games, especially COD2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom