Company of Heros?

Status
Not open for further replies.

<[MaTT]>

[$m] Steele Muffins
Company of Heros seems like a good game, from what ive seen it looks like 3rd person/RTS. I love WWII, 3rd person and RTS games so im thinking of buying it, but is it actually any good? I dont know anyone with the game and i like to be sure thats its worth it, please tell me what you think.

it's a sick game.. its a lil different in the way it plays.. but its real fun.. especially if u like RTS games.. also with the vid card you have im sure you'll be able to see the better graphics I can't.. do you at least have 1gb of ram?

Its a great game, iv heard people complain about tanks being too powerful...like they forget WW2 had tanks and yes they where strong...*sigh*. There are plenty of tactics to take them out using other means anyway. Its a great RTS one of the best in a long time and a new patch is out for it in march that will enable directx10 if you have vista. I'm also looking forward to supreme commander out in feb also one to keep an eye on ;)

COH is a fantastic game, but i would highly recommend 2gb of RAM, not only does it speed up general game play and loading times but it allows you to put a load of the options up as well.

Back to the game, the majority of the combat takes the form of controlling squads of men, this is typically 6 men that move together, but they adapt to their surroundings. All the environment is destructable and provides some form of cover for infantry.

Tanks are to me a "luxury" if you could put it that way. Put it like this, if you see a tank alarm bells start ringing because you most likely need to get something that can actually kill the tank to the location, be it an AT gun or a squad of riflemen with stickybombs.

The historical accuracy is impressive and adds to the immersion, as well as the best voiceovers and sound effects in any game.

Its one of those classic games which is easy to get the grip off, but hard to master and this makes it great. Also, there isnt too much in the way of buildings so its not like AOE or Rise of Nations where your constantly building houses etc. However you do get to build ample fortifications such as barbed wire, tank traps and sandbags.

The idea is to capture and hold different regions of the map, each of which contain a flag which will provide a certain amount of manpower, munitions or fuel per minute. You also get command points which are very similar to those in LOTR battle for middle earth.

So basically, it mixes a good setting with lots of tried and tested RTS elements from other games really well to make it fun, tactical and good online.

Best RTS i've EVER played. And i do recommend to get a good amount of ram on this thing. I have my settings maxed out and it looks incredible.

This game looks ****ing insane, i just Video.googled a video of gameplay which is 30 mins or so long, it looks AWESOME.

im DEFINATELY buying this.

yeah... it doesnt need TOO much ram..

I tried it with 512mb of ram then added another 512mb to a total of 1gb and i didnt get much more fps.

p4 3.0ghz
6800gs (unlocked to 7800gs)
1gb ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom