company of heroes not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancec2c30

Future ex-member
Well I went to start playing company of hereos ony my new evga 7900gs, but it just isnt working properly. It lags really bad even in medium settings, and when you exit to windows it just freezes up and I have to physically turn off the computer. So I thought it was my drivers, got latest off of nvidias website but still the problem presist. Then I reinstalled the game, no difference. I dont know what else to do. Anyone know of something?

Do other games worth fine?

do you make sure to turn off AA and lower AF?

I have the same graphics card and can play it on high at 1600x1200 but i do have an E6600 too but still you should be able to play it on high.

Do you have all the latest game patches?

Does it work fine in single player and is it just online that problems occur?

Well, gmod and call of duty hl2 css work fine. But company of heroes just isnt acting right, I cant exit the game I have to turn my computer off just to get out.

I just picked up fear yesterday and it skips every once in a while. hangs up for a milli second and is fine. I turned the graphics down and it still does it??? I will have to try and just dowload the patch for that.

could try some older drivers, What about updating motherboard drivers too just throwing ideas out there :). Could be possible problem with graphics card you should be playing that game with no problems at all..

Ya, I will try getting back to cd drivers when I get back home.

Then I will have to read on how to get the bios update, have never bothered to learn how to do it yet. :(

Make sure your card's 6 pin plug is connected (7900GS uses a 6-pin power cord right?), if your overclocking your card try restoring it to default clocks as OCing might make your card unstable.

It should run fine, I play it maxed out on my 7600 GT, but I guess my E6600 helps me.

Although I did notice something, when my friend played the demo on his setup with a 7900 GT and a 4000+ A64, it sometimes lagged on spots like artillery strikes; but mine runs fine. Maybe this game does get a large advantage from dual core (C2D in particular).

Turn all your over clocking off for one. I would reinstall all your drivers including Directx. If the problem keeps up, check the CoH forums and see if anyone there has an explanation. But if those don't work you can almost be sure it's the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom