Command & Conquer 4 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got out of a very intense game.. It's VERY different than previous installments, but so far, it's pretty fun!

Doesn't deserve the Command Conquer title, EA raped a great series...

If you want to make it C&C, at least release this as...

C&C: Tiberium tactics

seriously there isn;t base building, ore is manually collecting in FLOATING RINGS. You have this Crawler as an MCV which gets replaced when it dies and can be destroyed and replaced with another one containing a slightly different set of units depending on if you want to be offensive, defensive or support. No hallmarks of C&C are in this game bar the fact the good guys are GDI and titans are still around, Nod are bad guys and their still keeping the laser weapons and have an Egyptian kind of theme(scorpion tail tank, pyramid etc)

real let down for me, really don't like it much. I might buy it second hand for the storyline.

I mean I was annoyed at Dawn of War 2 going down the RPG route, but at least they made it clear they were going in a different direction for a new series. C&C 4 is still continuing from C&C 3, and thus such dramatic changes to core gameplay are over the top IMO.

yea I agree with you, I think they ruined this horribly, it has nothing to do with any of the old command and conquers, and it makes me sad that this is the last one and its going to suck :*( I dont even think they put the **** scrin it it.

Yeah, they should have released this as a totally different game, having nothing to do with the CnC franchise... I want huge battles :(

yea I agree with you, I think they ruined this horribly, it has nothing to do with any of the old command and conquers, and it makes me sad that this is the last one and its going to suck :*( I dont even think they put the **** scrin it it.

i THINK the scrin are in it, but not as a playable faction, WTF MUCH? **** they've not had to code for any buildings or relating physics, so why can't they be bothered to make a Scrin faction is beyond me. This is the end of Kane's story and it's like they can't be arsed, this SHOULD have been epic, but it's crap.

They said it isn't the end of the tiberium story/universe, just the end of Kane. Not sure what else they'll do, but it leaves it open. Hopefully they'll go back to their roots if they try for C&C5, but without Kane...not sure what you can do.

How long did this take to dl? I just got my beta key.

Edit: nvm, nice 10 mbps dl speed! Took like 2 min.

I have yet to receive a beta key for this :\ oh well, by the sounds of it..it's not that good anyway. Plus I still haven't finished C&C3: Kane's wrath

So far it's not a bad game.. but it's a bad Command & Conquer. EA butchered the series :(

I have only played C&C4 a little bit but I will say it is not C&C. It may end up being a good game though I don't think its for me and should not of been C&C4. If they were wanting to make a game like this they should of called it something different, could of even been Command and Conquer but definitely shouldn't of been in the Tiberium Universe or Red Alert Universe.

I played Renegade, but after playing some of the better shooters on the market like Half Life it just didn't live up to the quality I expected...

And I still haven't received my CnC4 Beta invite :(

Renegade is all about the multiplayer. The single player is mediocre but the multiplayer is great. I really liked the whole defending and attacking bases and team work in the game. I still play the game and have played the UT3 mod RenegadeX a few times.

^^^ It's probably THE best game around for team-play. Seriously, unless you're on a special map made for like infantry, it's impossible to win without team work. Which makes the game awesome :D

wasn't there some sort of sequel to it released some time ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom