Command & Conquer 4 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFargle

Linux / HPC / K8s SME
Staff member
GameSpot Beta :: Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight

Really looking forward to playing this! I've loved almost all the Command & Conquer games (with the exception of Renegade and Red Alert 3.. Those were good, but just didn't live up to CnC standards to me)

Well, sign up and get ready! I'm waiting for my key to arrive.. They send keys via email.

oh, C&C 4 !
i have only early version of C&C
I am also interest to play a new version..:)

Yeah, I visited gspot today and found that. I've signed up already.

I don't know why I went to Gamespot today.. it's not a daily habit of mine like Engadget or Tech Forums.. Glad I went, though :tongue: Still waiting on my key, I signed up at around 3. Hopefully it'll be in tomorrow :)

GameSpot Beta :: Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight

Really looking forward to playing this! I've loved almost all the Command & Conquer games (with the exception of Renegade and Red Alert 3.. Those were good, but just didn't live up to CnC standards to me)

Well, sign up and get ready! I'm waiting for my key to arrive.. They send keys via email.
+1 Renegade and RA3 were fail IMO. RA2 and Generals are my fav's

I loved renegade :( played it forever..probably one of the best FPS's I've played :\ Good system for getting vehicles and actually required teamwork in order to do anything. RA3 was pretty okay..but not as good as 2.

RA2 and generals probably have been one of the better ones of the series so far though. I don't like how the new ones are changing really :| it's basically the same thing over n over n over

I never did like these games online either. People was always into rushing and stuff..I like to sit back for awhile and get stable before doing anything...not building a war factory and chucking out all the tanks I can afford lol

I played Renegade, but after playing some of the better shooters on the market like Half Life it just didn't live up to the quality I expected...

And I still haven't received my CnC4 Beta invite :(

Doesn't deserve the Command Conquer title, EA raped a great series...

If you want to make it C&C, at least release this as...

C&C: Tiberium tactics

seriously there isn;t base building, ore is manually collecting in FLOATING RINGS. You have this Crawler as an MCV which gets replaced when it dies and can be destroyed and replaced with another one containing a slightly different set of units depending on if you want to be offensive, defensive or support. No hallmarks of C&C are in this game bar the fact the good guys are GDI and titans are still around, Nod are bad guys and their still keeping the laser weapons and have an Egyptian kind of theme(scorpion tail tank, pyramid etc)

real let down for me, really don't like it much. I might buy it second hand for the storyline.

I mean I was annoyed at Dawn of War 2 going down the RPG route, but at least they made it clear they were going in a different direction for a new series. C&C 4 is still continuing from C&C 3, and thus such dramatic changes to core gameplay are over the top IMO.

Ahh just got my invite key! When I've finished downloading / playing it I'll post some screen shots and initial impressions :)

sounds like people are complaining over it not being simple enough so they are dumbing it down in hopes of more sales :( oh well..I guess every series has to end sooner or later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom