The coloring in Age of Empires 2 is messed on this pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
I've got vista ultimate x64, and and I'm seeing wrong colors in this game. Like, there is red and stuff in the grass and other places where it shouldn't be. I don't know if it matters, but I'm also using at 24" 1920x1200 monitor. It works fine on the xp pcs, but running in compatibility mode for xp didn't do anything. This is the conquerors btw.

Have you tried reinstalling it? Also, could be the disc(s) was dirty when you installed it so a file my be corrupted, etc.

Nah, I just installed it on the other two computers, and they aren't having the problem. I think it just doesn't like vista. The minimizing thing doesn't work.

Edit: did the reinstall, and I've determined the game decides to work sometimes. Other times it is dumb.

I dunno why it does that, sometimes good, sometime bad...

I've installed it on my parents XP Desktop, my sisters XP Laptop, and my pc (on both Vista and XP), it does it for all of them...
And i don't think it's the CD, 'cos i use a cd patch on this pc (doesn't work at all if i use the cd :rolleyes: )

Maybe the xp comps got lucky then cause I only tried it once on them.

Nah, I just installed it on the other two computers, and they aren't having the problem. I think it just doesn't like vista. The minimizing thing doesn't work.

Edit: did the reinstall, and I've determined the game decides to work sometimes. Other times it is dumb.

Same stuff happened to me with Far Cry 2. Built a new system with new gpu and it was just fine. Same OS, Vista 32.

I posted screenies of it in one of the Far Cry 2 topics. People laughed. Looked like bad acid trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom