CoD4 multiplayer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
Ok, so I decided i was gonna play some CoD4 multiplayer tonight. I haven't played multiplayer yet on my rig. So I load it up, and go to find a server. I hit 'refresh servers' and wait for the server list to bring up results. Nothing comes up. So I exit the game and try again. Still nothing. I have my firewall off, and had nothing else running in the background that could have been interfering with the game. Still no go. Tried uninstalling, and then patching up to the latest patch. Still doesn't bring up any server lists... I checked my product key, and it matches what's in my CD case, so its valid. I did have an "acquired" version before, but uninstalled it (kept my SP game save though). Could this somehow be interfering with the multiplayer side of the new installation? Anybody have any ideas on what I could try next? I've tried using the disc, as well as nocd cracks...and neither of those options worked. The game loads up fine, its just that I can't get any servers to come up in the list. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like your not patched so the game is not finding any of the servers that exsist for you to play on. Make sure you patch the game all the way up to 1.7 which it is on now. Should be able to just click the auto update button in the main menu of the multi player screen.

After that you should be rocking and shooting anything that moves

Happy Hunting

Maybe you could try adjusting the filters, on the server lists. Are you sure the game patched itself correctly?

Pretty sure the patches installed correctly. Downloaded the 1.0 to 1.6 patch and the 1.7 patch from GamersHell. Maybe I'll try a different source.

There's no filters set in place, all values are at default and I've made sure everything is set to 'all' so that's not a problem.

Couldn't see and auto-update button anywhere in the multiplayer menu, nor in the singleplayer menu.

Just an update: reinstalled the game about 10 times now. Tried patches from different places (first tried GamersHell, then tried FileFront). Still nothing from the server list. It's quite frankly starting to **** me off. Sent an email to activision...I'll see if they can recommend anything.

did you figure it out yet?

try cleaning out your registry after an uninstall, a lot of programs leaves something behind...
since you had an "gift" version before

I did that as well, after every uninstall. I used CCleaner to clean out the left-behinds.

check services, because sometimes firewalls leave services running when you exit them. Close all services trying to connect to the internet, make sure PunkbusterA and B are working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom