cod4 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

erkster

In Runtime
hey guys!

heres the deal.

back in september i got cod4.

but my friend who also has i, had version 1.0(my copy was 1.6)

now what i'd like to know is:

can i have both versions (1.0 and 1.6 or later) on my lappy at the same time??

if so how??

and if you wondering why i want both it's cause i still want to be able to play with my friend(who doesn't want to update his version,cause hes tried it and it lagged really really bad)and because i find that there are more experienced players and less hackers

and i want 1.6 because they have more of the 24/7 maps(which i really like)
and it has the new maps(winter crash,creek,kill house)

anyway...

let me know

thanks

split your hard drive into 2 parts... aka partition your hard drive
google ftw
Disk partitioning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

also last time i checked the current version of cod4 is 1.7, just have your friend update his game, there isnt any reason why updating should make him more laggy, updates solve those problems, hes prolly just doing something wrong, remember u cant just downlaod patch 1.6 and have it be all good u have to get 1.1 1.2 1.3.... all in order. also make sure your friend updated punk buster.

split your hard drive into 2 parts... aka partition your hard drive
google ftw
Disk partitioning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

also last time i checked the current version of cod4 is 1.7, just have your friend update his game, there isnt any reason why updating should make him more laggy, updates solve those problems, hes prolly just doing something wrong, remember u cant just downlaod patch 1.6 and have it be all good u have to get 1.1 1.2 1.3.... all in order. also make sure your friend updated punk buster.

thats not true, you have to get patch 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 and then 1.7 you dont need the others before 1.4.

also last time i checked the current version of cod4 is 1.7, just have your friend update his game, there isnt any reason why updating should make him more laggy, updates solve those problems, hes prolly just doing something wrong, remember . also make sure your friend updated punk buster.

this is right, the patches should have no effect on ping. like stalin says update PB and make sure the correct port is open on his router (if he uses one). that made the biggest difference for me. that and not running NOD32 AV and a firewall in the background while playing. it aslo may be a server issue. i know that L@W server used to be rock solid 40ms for me but they switched server companies or something and now their server bumps from 40-125 ping all over the place. lag lag lag. which really sucks cos i loved that server. biohazard has a really stable 1.7 server.

Actually, 1.6 is a comprehensive patch with everything prior in it, 1.7 was more of a hotfix patch so you should just have to install those two.

well i'll try to talk him into it,but hes all bout playing with clans :|

anyway when he updated (1.7 came out just after we updeated to 1.6)
it was laggy as onions and nothing we tried wouldn't work so we just downgraded.

on my lappy i have two hard drives one has everything i have on my lappy on it,and one has nothing on it.

so can i just put 1.6 on the other hard drive??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom