COD4 crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preacher suggested trying to Crysis drivers from ATI/AMD, and they seemed to have done the trick. I gamed for a couple of hours at 1280 x 1024 without a stutter or crash.

...i had trouble with it crashing so I updated nvidia drivers to the latest drivers kept res to 1024x768 then it worked. i didnt change none of the options they were all on max - all im running is AMD Athlon duo core x2 3800+ 2ghz, 2gb ddr2 and 256 ddr2 garphics card 7300ge which gets boosted upto 512 pci x16, dx 9.0c

Yeah, all these games that are so picky about drivers and hardware get on my nerves. If it wasn't for my clan playing COD4 I wouldn't even have bothered.

So don't you think it's not even a good game ?

Com'on you can't be so hipocritical, how many big patches did it take to sort out BF2 ..?

Ive had no crashes or driver problems with three different driver versions, including the nvidia omega drivers. I guess it all comes down to each system, i cant run ut3 at all, figure that.

Oh, that game's fine, and my PC can run it wide open... if the game would cooperate. It won't allow a GPU overclock, or alterations to the GFX fan's speed, has to have picky drivers... Like I said, if it wasn't for my clan I would have already tossed it (or sold it).

The game play is radically different. You basically sneak and hide for the most part. And then there's the [idiots] who run around outside and hose down rooms by shooting through the walls or launch an airstrike as soon as the round starts... not a great deal of fun with people playing like that.

People who can get 5 kills at the start of a match must have a lot of skill. They deserve it.

I have my 8800GTS overclocked big time and fans locked at max, and my CPU overclocked. No problems what so ever.

Oh, that game's fine, and my PC can run it wide open... if the game would cooperate. It won't allow a GPU overclock, or alterations to the GFX fan's speed, has to have picky drivers... Like I said, if it wasn't for my clan I would have already tossed it (or sold it).

The game play is radically different. You basically sneak and hide for the most part. And then there's the [idiots] who run around outside and hose down rooms by shooting through the walls or launch an airstrike as soon as the round starts... not a great deal of fun with people playing like that.

Yeah thats why i stick to the servers with about 20 guys max. The 45+ ones are stupid, especially free-for-all. I swear i would spawn and get shot about 3 seconds after, only to spawn again and get killed again. Then you got 3 guys chucking grenades at you, and with all those kills they call in the chopper then the airstrike, and if that doesnt mow you down then some ***** sniper will. It can get pretty frustrating at times, other times lots of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom