COD4 crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read the reviews. I prefer to game with friends, not alone, so single player is not a draw for me.

Hosing down a room through the walls is realism? What special forces soldier would do that without knowing whether the room was occupied, or not knowing where in the room the occupants are? There is no realism to that. Yes, some guns have the power to penetrate walls in real life. but hosing through walls is tardism, period.

I don't worry about the helis. I have taken out several, as I usually am the heavy gunner. Teamwork is why I play in a clan. ;)

Rank? I have no idea. I don't play for rank. Rank means nothing other than you have spent a lot of time playing the game. I play to relax and enjoy myself. I know my rank isn't very high, as I have just got the game to run without crashing thanks to its pickiness with my drivers.

I don't take the game as seriously as ya'll do. It is a game, and nothing more.

Its pretty easy to level up, im at level 48 right now. About the shooting through walls, yeah thats not gonna happen since the room must be cleared first. Anything with a 7.62 round or higher can go through several walls actually, and a 5.56 will most likely go thru one or get stuck inside. I dont see why they made the saw seem so powerful in the game, it does not have near as much recoil and only fires 5.56 rounds, basically its a fully auto m16.

I would hate to be the team leader who gave the order to my heavy gunner to fire through the wall and have shot a friendly inside. Can we say Court Marshall?

Leveling up to me is great not to show off, but for the weapons/perks you unlock. The desert eagle is awesome, so is the m14 rifle.

Ranking up unlocks weapons... that's why you do it.

Trotter, you talk about special forces not fireing through walls, but that's because therenot in the heat of the battle. In the heat of frantic fighting like in CoD4 were you know enemies are in the room i don't see anything wrong with shooting through walls, albeit a little frustrateing at times. I do prefer to flash a room and run in and knife though, far more intimizdateing for the enemy :cool:

Anyway i LOVE realistic games, so i'm moveing on to Red Orchestra, downloading now from steam. Sounds perfect, very realistic ballistics (bullet drop), Large maps, tanks. and Unreal Engine 2.5 so it'll run like a dream on my PC without looking too bad.

Maybe this is a game you would enjoy more, trotter.

Woo... OK. I new Red Orchestra would be hard, but not this hard. Long gone is zooming down iron sights... and holding your breathe rock solid. If you're standing up you stand very little chance of hitting someone form more than 30M away. You have to lie down, wait to get your stamina back up so the gun is hold relatively steady and time your shot perfectly. The recoil on the MP40 and other SMG's is four or 5 times harder to controll than Call of Duty. Even short bursts of 2 or 3 is hard to hit a target from 70M+. You even have to reload the bolt manually on rifles.

When fireing from a tank you have to get it perfect because the shell fires in an arc. And you cant drive and shoot the tank. If your on your own you dirve from inside the tank with very small view area. And then switch positions to fire, then wait 15 seconds for the next round to be loaded, 2 or 3 seconds of which you spend watching the next Artillery Shell fly through the sky to here it richochet off your tank into the ground near by (It once hit a comrade of mine and blew him up into a bloody mess :) )

What this means is, that every single kill deserves a huge roar of excitement :D (As a newcomer like me, even an FPS veteran finds it hard pushed to get 5 kills in 20 minutes.)

Yup thats the way it really is, its a lot harder to hit targets than people think. In real life, i cant hit a target more than 250 meters using iron sights, its **** near impossible to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom