COD4 crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, ricanflow!

My rig is fine and well above what is required. I have been doing some research on the matter and have found that this is a very common problem. I have uninstalled anything that interferes with the GFX card (RiveTuner, ATITool, whatever), and have changed the Mssmp3.asi to Mssmp3.bak. There are a couple of other things to possibly try, but until I get to test this I won't go further.

Since I have homework tonight (winter break is officially over), I probably won't get to try it out until tomorrow.

Try running the game windowed, CoD2 had problems with dual monitor support.
Any of the executable files on the SMP version of F@H will cause it to close.

Check you are running patch 1.4

Try safe mode aswell.

When you get it working, i'll teach you a thing or too :cool: I've been playing Call of Duty all my life... and completed cod4 on veteren 20 times :eek:

Good luck.

Disabled my second monitor, ran it in 800x600. Got major artifacts a few times, random black screens a couple of times that cleared up, a couple of lockups, and finally it just went black and locked up and stayed.

I am running the 1.4 patch. And I don't see a "window" mode in it.

Screw it. Maybe the next patch will get it to work. My system should rip through it, but the game won't run long anough to try.

Not when it is continuously crashing. I had just got the hang of it, too.

Thus far they have been quick with patches, so maybe...

After some more research I found how to (supposedly) run it in windowed mode. It involved editing a file in my profile. I went ahead and tried it and was able to play for an hour last night. It did hang a couple of times in that hour, ad went to desktop once (enough for me to be shot... grrrrr).

So, I may be able to run it, but not great. I am thinking that it may be that my card doesn't play well with it. Hopefully the next patch will make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom