cod2 graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry, on my spec [See Sig Below] at 1650x1080 i only get between 25 and 30 fps. But i can still say at highest settings it is a VERY good looking game, still several years on.

Is your card connected to a powersupply? Because i checked my friends yesterday and he was running a card (7600) with no additional power! :laughing:

i'm not an idiot, i connected the power to it, and i don't even think it would run properly if it didn't.

it just doesn't make any sense, a dual core in itself should be enough, and ive overclocked it. I have more than enough memory, and my graphics card wasn't even thought of when cod2, they only went up to 7900. it still looks good at the lower resolution, but then again, just about anything on the syncmaster looks good. it's just weird cause i could play bioshock at full settings and at 1600x900 and not lag at all. i never really overclocked the gts cause i didn't have an aftermarket heatsink and it runs pretty hot already, but for cod2 i shouldn't have to overclock.

now that your graphics drivers are up to date, make sure directx is also up to date. a defrag couldn't hurt, might speed up loading times since info starts from there then to ram, might smooth it our but won't increase fps.

No reason why you shouldn't get over 60fps on high with your specs, I'd remove the overclock temporarily to see if that is causing some weird issue.

now that your graphics drivers are up to date, make sure directx is also up to date. a defrag couldn't hurt, might speed up loading times since info starts from there then to ram, might smooth it our but won't increase fps.

No reason why you shouldn't get over 60fps on high with your specs, I'd remove the overclock temporarily to see if that is causing some weird issue.

well, when i first started playing it, i didn't have it overclocked. so i figured that would help, so i went ahead and did it. I haven't had it overclocked since the summer, cause it gets to hot in my room, so in the winter i oc it cause it keeps it nice and cozy warm, at least 5 or 6 degrees warmer than the rest of the house, so i oc'd it. there was a small improvement, but not much of one. On some maps i can have 1600x900 and get around 30-40fps but on others its like 15fps. could it be because of my screen being so big at 22in.?

I ran it on mine and im not sure how many fps i was getting but it was super smooth maxed out everything at 1440x900, so i think you may have a driver problem.

hey g2k556, i had the same problem with cod2 and posted it on here and no1 could help, i have sorted it out but i will have to go on my game to look at the way i set it up, 1 which i can remember..... in graphics setting, turn ANTI-ALLIS(might have spelt than wrong) OFF, and Direct to 7, even thou your graphics card might except 9 , i still had to put it to 7. PM if you need more help and i will give u the rest of the settings:) THIS WILL WORK :D:D:D

hey g2k556, i had the same problem with cod2 and posted it on here and no1 could help, i have sorted it out but i will have to go on my game to look at the way i set it up, 1 which i can remember..... in graphics setting, turn ANTI-ALLIS(might have spelt than wrong) OFF, and Direct to 7, even thou your graphics card might except 9 , i still had to put it to 7. PM if you need more help and i will give u the rest of the settings:) THIS WILL WORK :D:D:D

well, i shouldn't have to lower any of that. I have an 8800 gts, and a dual core and 2 gigs of mem. so i think my system should be able to handle that. and i don't think i should have to turn it to dx7 considering my card can handle dx10. and it allows 8 and 16x anti aliasing, so 4 should be easy.

Well i think you should try it cant do any more harm and you restore them after, have u pluged the power cable on the motherboard above the graphics card?

Well i think you should try it cant do any more harm and you restore them after, have u pluged the power cable on the motherboard above the graphics card?

Is your card connected to a powersupply? Because i checked my friends yesterday and he was running a card (7600) with no additional power! :laughing:

i'm not an idiot, i connected the power to it, and i don't even think it would run properly if it didn't.
:S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom