CoD2 Demo and poor performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Switch

Fully Optimized
Is it just my computer or have other people been having the same problems as I have? in the CoD2 demo, My fps at the default settings, 800x600 4xAA, and pretty much everthing else on medium, is sub 25fps. its rediculous. so i figure that i disable AA, and up the resolution to 1024x768. well, long story short, the CoD2 engine being the bastard it is, refuses to completly disable AA and at the absolute lowest settings without going into Dx7 mode, at 1024x768, still gives me unplayable performance at sub 30fps. could someone please help me out here?

I think that's just a demo issue. I mean if you can't play it at medium settings on 6800 then fuk that game. That's ridiculous. Hopefully it'll be fixed in full version.

I have 6600 vanilla, so Im not even going to bother trying.

For me CODII is SOO important,

I didnt care about: doom 3, HLII, BF2 etc.

But if they stuff up this game im gona kill someone.

Simon said:
For me CODII is SOO important,

I didnt care about: doom 3, HLII, BF2 etc.

But if they stuff up this game im gona kill someone.
I'm an avid player of all of those games, but for some reason this game has me seriously considering upgrading. My 9600XT just doesn't cut it anymore:(

what is the system requirements for CODII demo???

i have 6600 vanilla does it handle this games ??

HMm I thought the demo was pretty smooth honestly...had no problems with it myself and even though I've only got 512mb of RAM running 178MHz for the time being it still played maxed out settings...1280x1024 with 4x AA was a bit too much though but it was fine at 2xAA

Relax, it's a demo. I get lag @ full settings (1280x1024, 4xAA etc), it's most likely either a driver issue or a result of the demo being poorly coded.

I used an X850 XT with Omega drivers based off of the Cat 5.7s. 1280x1024 with 4aa and ansiotropic filtering. All settings on highest, the force direct x 7 thing turned off, it looked great and ran great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom