CoD: WaW, Is it worth getting?

JDog111

Beta member
Hi Guys,

I have moved from console gaming to PC and CoD:WaW was my favourite Call of Duty game, but as some of you might know, that game on consoles was (and probably still is) full of hackers and was no fun to play.

I was wondering if any of you have this game on PC and is still fun to play.

i.e. No hackers (or non-hacked servers) and still pretty populated for easy game finds?

Also I if I do get this game, am I better off getting it on steam or as a retail disk?

Thanks for the help!!

I can't speak for the PC version but I can share my 360 experiences. This was one of my favortie COD games, mostly because I played almost daily with a laid back group of funny guys and it would turn into one big hang out. The maps were good and the gameplay was pretty balanced except for noob tubes and juggernaut/MP40.

Looking back at it today though it hasn't aged very well. The audio, textures, animations, all of it feels old which is both shocking and sad because it almost feels like it was just yesterday that I was playing this on a daily basis. As far as actually playing though, you can't on the 360 anymore unless you do private matches because every game lobby is hacked. I can't really speak for PC, but I would imagine that it's just as bad if the 360 version is riddled with it.

As far as actually playing though, you can't on the 360 anymore unless you do private matches because every game lobby is hacked.

I found that out a few weeks before getting rid of my 360 (shame really), every game had at least 1 person which could not die and was also over powered with 1 hit kills with pistols.

I heard from some unreliable sources that there are servers out there on PC which was dedicated to how is should be played, I just needed some other people what could assist.

I also agree with you in regards to it getting old but I like the nostalgia of it too.

All of them that had private servers have hacks on them, there are a few that will ban any user from the server if you get reported to the server your hacking but weather or not they actually get banned is questionable, But last time I played I did see a few get removed from the server and banned so you could get lucky but way too many losers that need to cheat to feel special.

Dauntae

Back
Top Bottom