COD WAW in 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
When I first started hearing about it I was like MEH another WW2 game, whatever, But from the threads I've been reading and the video I've seem from the BETA this game is looking pretty sweet:D and the flame thrower is put as a Higher end option. Here is a interview with Q&A from Treyarch and I found it to be quite informative and has me wanting the game. It is a long read but a good one none the less.

Dauntae

Quote:
David "Vahn" Vanderhaar, a developer for World at War :

Question 1: The Molotov ****tails are weak, will this be fixed?

Vahn's Response: I increased the damage radius of the Molotov.

Question 2: When will the Roundhouse glitch be fixed?

Vahn's Response: We have fixed that glitch for the first title update to the retail game.

Question 3: Will there be any maps larger than Makin, Roundhouse, and Castle?

Vahn's Response: We have some bigger maps in the retail game. Downfall and Seelow in particular.

Question 4: Bolt-action rifles suck, Tommy gun rocks. Any plans on fixing that?

Vahn's Response: Yes. I tweaked the bolt actions already. I have not tweaked the SMGs.

I am not convinced the SMGs are over powered. Yes, it is true they are high-damage, but only if the fire rate is slow (like the MP40).

After the update, if you want a one-shot kill with bolt-action rifles then it's going to have to be a precision shot (neck and above). A shot in the foot will NOT be a one-hit kill.

Question 5: Will there be a higher level cap/new playlists in the Beta?

Vahn's Response: We will most certainly increase the level cap again. Probably as early as next Friday. I won't know if we will put HQ in the beta, but it's not out of the realm of possibility

Question 6: Will there be anything like Old-School from CoD4?

Vahn's Response: I won't promise you that we will do that; but it is feasible and very likely that will do lots of playlist experimentation (double XP, no XP, Longer game timers, No Perks, etc., all) based on community input.

Question 7: The bipod is useless, will we be able to deploy it while prone?

Vahn's Response: We are trying very hard to put the feature where you go prone it deploys a gun with a bipod back in the game. It's very difficult to make work right and it was not ready for the beta or the retail game. I have seen it working and if we can make it fun, we will bring that feature back.

Question 8: Are the "Monkey" and "Play Dead" perks just 'hidden' in the Beta?
Vahn's Response: When you guys read about rumors like climbing trees and playing dead, many (but not all) of those things we talked about doing (some we even prototyped) and (some) turned out not to be fun. For example: Playing dead was not much fun. The game is too fast paces and deadly. What ended up happening was people just walking around shooting bodies. That is not the game we wanted to make.

Question 9: Will there be rewards for head-shots other than XP?

Vahn's Response: No. XP only, it took a lot of memory to add weapon camos and in most cases didn't look good on WWII guns. The memory was used to add/upgrade other gameplay features.

Question 10: Will Beta stats/XP carry over to the retail game?

Vahn's Response: No.

Question 11: Will the PC version be as 'moddable' as CoD4?

Vahn's Response: Yes. Indeed. The PC team would probably just flat out murder me if I told you what sorts of mods have already been made. (The did some simple moding to make sure it was working ok, it is).

Consider that we have some AI path finding in the MP executable because of the dogs, I am pretty sure we are going to see some real insanity from the mod community!

Question 12: The tanks are overpowered!

Vahn's Response: We didn't want a tank to be able to be taken out with just 1 player by himself.

That didn't feel right at all. We tried it.

However, if 2 players work together and concentrate on the armor weak spot, destroying a tank is not difficult at all.

Question 13: Juggernaut-Overpowered, Stopping Power-Underpowered, Flak Jacket-Worthless.

Vahn's Response: I wanted to reply to this specific point because it's a common misconception. Whenever we see something like the above post, we are baffled by it.

Stopping Power is ignored when it's runs into someone with Juggernaught. In that situation, it's like neither of you have the perk.

To be super clear about this, I am not saying that Juggernaught does +10 and Stopping Power does -10. It's not balanced that way. At all.

But, I am saying that in-game logic the "benefit" of having the Perk is completely and totally ignored.

As to your complaint about the grenades and flak jacket?

We will have to agree to disagree here. Many community members complained that COD4's grenades were too powerful and spammy.

In a game mode like War and HQ, you will be thinking about that Flak Jacket.

If you are very used to the grenade splash damage (really the range because the damage is very similar) in COD4, this will feel a bit different.

Question 14: Will there be a swear filter?

Vahn's Response: We don't currently have any plans to implement a swear filter. The game is rated 'M' for Mature and is very violent. Swearing and gibs are a part of the game.

Question 15: Will there be in-game host migration?

Vahn's Response: No. COD3 had host migration because COD3 was a peer to peer game, where COD:WaW is a client-server game. We have always said that this game was built on the COD4 engine. This is one of the trade-offs you make.

Question 16: I'm worried everyone will use the flamethrower and it will be VERY overpowered.

Vahn's Response: The Flamethrower unlocks at a very high level. So, people will have to decide if they want the Flamethrower or they want to Prestige and unlock more Create a Class slots.

I don't think you will see large numbers of games with large numbers of people camping out at level 64 with the Flamethrower.

It's a short range weapon that also says, "Shoot me, I have a Flamethrower."

It's DEADLY. Don't get me wrong. It's BRUTAL. But, it's not worse than any other weapon in the game.

Until we have enough data that says we botched up the Flamethrower and it's over powered and the entire community has leveled up to 64 and does not want to Prestige so they can keep their flamethrower – I'll take a wait and see attitude.

We almost made it a kill streak item, which would allow us to limit the number in the world. However, in the end we didn't need to. It's just like any other Perk weapon. It has advantages and disadvantages. It will work for some play styles and not work for others. I've wracked up huge kill streaks with it and I've been knifed in the face by the guy I was trying to kill.

Question 17: Why can't my gun turn any farther when mounted on a bipod? Is this supposed to happen?

Vahn's Response: It depends on what you are mounting against.

All COD games normally take a lot of creative liberty with what happens in first person vs third person.

Some examples:

-notice how you always have to look up at everyone even though you are the same height (camera placement for the guns).

-notice how you can walk up right to the wall and you don't have to lower your gun?

With the bipod mounting feature, it was a lot tougher.

While it feels to you that you should be able to move around in 1st person, if you looked at yourself in 3rd person, something is in your way. It could be something small, it could be something large.

We had it the way you suggested for about a week, but then guys would "float" in air or their legs would be inside a wall, etc., all. We had to change it.

Unfortuantly, it meant restricting the player movements which is never an easy decision for us.

Am I 100% happy with the bipod attachment right now? No. It would be a lie to tell you that I think this feature is perfect, because I don't. We are working on feature enhancements.

Please don't ask me for a timeline, because I'd be making it up.

Question 18: Will prestige icons be the same as CoD4?

Vahn's Response: No.

Question 19: Will the fire on the ground from ****tails/flamethrowers cause any damage?

Vahn's Response: Not in MP.

The fires on the ground will burn out very quickly. This was by design. Their were tuning and performance issues any other way.

Question 20: Bouncing Betties are hard to avoid, any tips?

Vahn's Response: Their are two defenses against them. Bomb Squad and Flak Jacket, one for the careful or sneaky player and one for the run and gun player.

Question 21: Will there be a Team Tactical?

Vahn's Response: Can, and probably will, be done. In general, I think we want to do a lot of playlist variations.

Question 22: Will we be able to turn off the auto-aim?

Vahn's Response: Yes.

Question 23: What will I get for prestige-ing?

Vahn's Response: Create-a-Class slots, Achievements, and Gamerpics.

Question 24: The spawn system sucks.

Vahn's Response: We made A LOT of changes to the spawning system.

This is pretty cool....sounds like they are listening to the users and putting what they want into the game. Im still waiting on the pc beta...should be out in a couple days.

I don't want to sound like a hater...BUT for those that don't know, the COD series is actually made by 2 different developers, Infinity Ward and Treyarch, and Infinity Ward is known for making the good COD games and made the majority of the good COD games ( 1,2, and 4 ) but didn't make the bad one ( 3 ) that Treyarch made...and this game is made by Treyarch...so for those thinking that it's made by the same people who made the great COD 4 think again...so my expectations are naturally set low

plus come on...another WW2 game :p Infinity Ward knew not to make that mistake after part 2

Gabb all of us know this already...but from the current beta that was released and all the screens...this game actually looks worth it. And treyarch said this would be the last wwII title from them.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f14/cod5-11-nov-08-a-187472/

http://www.techist.com/forums/f16/call-duty-world-war-beta-impressions-187965/

well I did put the message for all those that don't know in there...

and I actually still to this day encounter a lot of people irl who speak of excitement of COD5 with the reasoning that COD4 was so good and aren't aware of that developer stunt EA is pulling

well I did put the message for all those that don't know in there...

and I actually still to this day encounter a lot of people irl who speak of excitement of COD5 with the reasoning that COD4 was so good and aren't aware of that developer stunt EA is pulling

Doesnt matter...i had the same thinking at first but the beta changed my mind.

Go into the links and watch the multiplayer video and youll see. make sure you put it on high quality.

In fact here made it easy for you:
YouTube - Call of Duty: World at War Death Match Multiplayer Gameplay

Dunno about this game, this puts me off straight the way:

"if you want a one-shot kill with bolt-action rifles then it's going to have to be a precision shot (neck and above)"

I'll see, i might pay for a month of Fileplanet so i get into the PC beta.

Dunno about this game, this puts me off straight the way:

"if you want a one-shot kill with bolt-action rifles then it's going to have to be a precision shot (neck and above)"

I'll see, i might pay for a month of Fileplanet so i get into the PC beta.

I thought you hated the "easy" aspect of cod4. On the contrary...i think its good to make the aiming a bit harder...makes the game more challenging.

Filefront hosts all those files for free and is way better....that where i get all my patches and demos from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom