CoD:MW2 Multiplayer Footage

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said it yourself, it is a multiplatform game and doesn't take much advantage of pc hardware. Therefore the graphics aren't that much better.

Xbox 360 Vs. PlayStation 3 Graphics Comparison: Now With PC! - Page 3 - Features at GameSpot

Just looks brighter mainly.

you cant use aa/af with consoles.

That right there makes a world of difference..it does take advantage but not as much as it could.

And thats world at war, and those pics look fuzzy...it looks much better on my system.

The platforms look largely the same, except that the PC edges out both of the consoles in antialiasing and textures, which you can see in higher detailed surfaces and smoother edges in the PC shots.
I know you didn't write that comment :cool:

Accurate ? what's accurate about it ? You couldn't get a much more arcade type shooter if you tried.. :confused:

weapons, rank structure, dialogue..etc.

Although the rank structure is a bit flawed, since you go from Enlisted to Officer. They are two separate entities, most enlisted personnel stay enlisted. And it gives the impression that a 2nd LT is higher rank than a Sergeant Major......which is technically true but not, since an LT would be a Platoon Leader while a SGM would be much higher, brigade or battalion level.

Also most SGM's have seen a lot, with 25-30 years of service.

They're right, the detail looks slightly sharper but only slightly. I don't know how you get it to look better than that because it looks pretty much like that on mine. I guess it does look like it might be one resolution down or something, but, regardless, the game looks extremely similar. No matter how you try to go about it, there is no large difference. Maybe your definition of way better is different than mine. The difference has to be as big as the difference between high and very high for be to consider it much better. And yeah, it is waw. It is made by treyarch but is using the same engine as cod4. If past cod games only had that much difference in graphics, why would this one be any different?

The engine for waw was tweaked a bit, i have both and they look a bit different.

Doesn't matter to me, i have no need for a console regardless.

Another plus side with pc is you can go higher than 1920 res, if you have the proper monitor.

You said it yourself, it is a multiplatform game and doesn't take much advantage of pc hardware. Therefore the graphics aren't that much better.

Xbox 360 Vs. PlayStation 3 Graphics Comparison: Now With PC! - Page 3 - Features at GameSpot

Just looks brighter mainly.
Infinity Ward has always been a PC developer FIRST meaning that they put more effort into their PC games than the console games. They know that PC gaming is what got them going and they're not about to forget that (I hope lol).

And as for those screen shots... One of them looks like they just used the same exact shot for the PC and the 360. I know WaW looks quite a bit better than that on my PC. Anyways, WaW was developed by Treyarch whose existence brings shame to the Call of Duty name. They do not know how to properly code for a PC, and the only reason that WaW succeeded was because Infinity Ward did almost all of the work for them. The game engine was already made by Infinity Ward; all Treyarch had to do was modify it to make it WWII instead of Modern Warfare. IMO, Activision keeping Treyarch around was a big mistake.. but I suppose it's all just money to them.

If Infinity Ward's focus was pc, the maps would be bigger and the recoil wouldn't be so easy to control. They wouldn't show off their product in the 360 version all the time. 360 is where the money is at and that is what comes first. The least money comes from pc, and it comes last.

PC has it's perks for gaming, cannot denie that. However when it comes to user friendly and such a console is great. You don't have to worry about if you are going to have issues running the game, complications or conflicts. Don't have to worry about punk buster or if someone is cheating. If they are using a better keyboard/mouse combo, etc etc. You know your mic works, who has one, everyone uses a controller. It's more a even playing field on a console. Not to mention the game only has to function on one platform so it's more stable all around.

To sum it up, if you suck at the game you have zero excuses! :D

Yeah, there is always that excuse. "I can't play with these garbage controls. Try to take me when I have my mouse and keyboard."

^It's the truth mate, analog sticks are much harder to use. Being good at that doesn't make you a better gamer or anything, just means you can move a stick around better then the next guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom