COD Ghosts bugs

Venom84

Baseband Member
I'm playing this at the mo but am frustrated by the framerate, more specifically the framerate at certain times. On the single player campaign at the start of most missions it'll drop down to 1 and linger for a few seconds before slowly gaining momentum and sticking around 60, but at a random time it might drop again. This happens two or three times during a mission.

I've tried setting priority to normal in task manager, turning terrain detail off, dynamic fur off, steam overlay off but none of this has helped. I read that limiting fps in the game options can help but I can't see this option anywhere. Does anyone know of any other fix I'm missing?

Radeon R9270
fx-4300 black
8gb ram
AOC monitor 70hz

That game has had notorious problems since launch... and it was never a priority to the devs because the PC market was so scarce

Yes, I noticed that when I was looking for fixes, wish I had of known before buying it. I've seen it work without the same problems on PC so I know it should run smoother than it does. I'm hoping its a setting somewhere I can change that might sort it.

If i remember correctly there is an argument that you can put at the end of the command line to start the game that modifies the amount of ram that is allocated toward the instance of the game. I don't remember the accuracy behind this statement its more of an impression than a memory. But i thought that one of the underlying problems in Ghosts was how its software uses RAM

When it came out first it required 8gb of ram to run even though it only uses 2, this was eventually changed to 4 or 6 I think in a patch. I have 8 anyway so I think that's not an issue. I had a friend that could run it on 4gb of ram and a hd7750 with less problems than I have.

I might give it a fresh install anyway and see how that goes, I should of got AW instead. That seems bug free from what I've read.

I might give it a fresh install anyway and see how that goes, I should of got AW instead. That seems bug free from what I've read.

Yea or black-ops 2. I wish they even had support for it to give refunds for people in your situation.. cause there are a lot of people in your situation

Yea or black-ops 2. I wish they even had support for it to give refunds for people in your situation.. cause there are a lot of people in your situation

One instance where Origin is actually better than Steam - they allow digital refunds on their big ticket games within 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom