COD and Battlefield

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
I got Ghosts near release and found it to be a little dare I say it, More like Battlefield, I tried the Beta of battlefield and thought it looked just like 3 and was considering skipping it, but then I seen in general gaming the deal to get it for a measly $20 but alas... I missed the great deal and it is going for $39 on Origin in stead of the $29 it was earlier so I used the promo codes in that thread and got it for $29 so I still got a heck of a deal, Now to see which one I like playing more. Battlefield 4 or COD Ghosts. I like the realism of the Battlefield series but I'm talking more of the fun factor of these games so I will see which one I like more. My group of buds who I play with all have Ghosts right now and most don't like it compared to Black ops and are talking about getting BF4 now LOL Hope they get there emails in time to get a killer deal like I did.

Dauntae

Battlefield 4 is indeed different enough from 3. If you assumed its the same from the beta, cant say your alone because many have said the same thing. The changes may not be huge, but they are very noticeable to those who put a great deal of time into bf3.

I put in over 800 hours, most of that is on the 360 version though. Unless you were talking graphical differences (which wasnt much if any change from bf3).

BF3 v BF4 is like going from driving a load truck to a sports car as far as how the game handles, at least to me. It took me a few days to become acclimatized to BF4 but once I got it there was no way I would go back to BF3.

Been playing with it and the Beta had NO resemblance to the real game,Far better graphically and seems it has a little more color to it, BF3 to me seemed all tan and a little green mixed in LOL but BF4 seems so much more vivid, I however have come to the realization my GTX470 is painfully struggling LOL so I'll be looking at new cards after New Years, Maybe a GTX770 or see if any news on the 800 series is out but I'll be getting one soon, Ran sluggish on anything but low, On my brothers PC he had it up a little better with a GTX570, Wish I had a SLI board so I could get another 470 on the cheap to hold me over hehe AH I'll survive but I can barely wait to get some new hardware.

Dauntae

Runs pretty decent with an OCd 580 here. I played like 5 minutes to get a quick performance analysis last night but I'm sick with the flu so I had no energy to really play.

I did a complete clean WIn7 install and started having issues with BF4 that I was not having before the re-install. I did the re-install due to being unable to update any Nvidia drivers, or other types of drivers- something got messed up in windows installation software. I downloaded the 331.82 drivers fro my MSi 560 ti ( 448 core) with the clean install and started getting kicked out of BF4 with a window message saying my direct X was .....blah, blah blah..... I'm like "what the H***", I just did all this work to get a new problem!! After researching it appears I am not the only one getting this error message. Then I figured it out : first of the clean install had Windows Defender working by default and I also installed Avast - you should not have both running at the same time. Also, what was the problem in all likelihood was the Nvidia site also downloaded and installed a few 3d drivers - so I shut off defender and delete //uninstalled the 3D audio and video drivers that NVidia downloaded. AND wa-la - all good , no rubber banding ,delays or kicks.

Last edited:
I don't use either Avast, Defender, and I tick off the 3D and Geforce Experience crap when installing drivers. I was getting the DX error last night constantly when the night before I wasn't. Just guessing it has something to do with their patches.

I find it extremely difficult to shell out money for battlefield 4, especially when the gap between 2 and 3 was so huge, and COD? that ship has sailed for me. EA wont be making a cash cow out of me, because they added a few minor tweaks to a game and slap a $60 price tag on it, doesnt mean its worth $20 even IMO

I was saying the same thing until I played the full game. There is a big enough difference between 3 and 4 gameplay and graphically to warrant the extra cost. It's the DLC and Premium **** I don't agree with.

yea, that stuff is ridiculous, I already played strike at karkand and gulf of omen for years, now you're going to make me pay to play it again in bf3? **** you EA

Back
Top Bottom