COD 4 with Windows 7 X64 Home Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centurion

Beta member
I realize it's an old game but I'd like to finish the SP on Veteran mode. I've got both Windows 7 Ultimate X64 and Home Premium X64 on 2 hdd's. I'm planning on scrubbing the Ultimate and using Home Premium for all my games, etc..

The problem is that COD 4 SP and MP work aok on Ultimate but it won't work on Home Premium. I've installed from the dvd-rom, not Steam. Trying to start the game in Home Premium, I get a pop-up identifying a problem with d3dx9_34.dll.

I've tried all the standard googled fixes like installing the Redist DX9, copying the problem dll into the COD folder, etc.. with no luck.

I note that the Home Premium Windows/System 32 folder has more files/folders and is larger in size than the Ultimate version. Not sure if that's relevant.

Trying to uninstall the game from Home Premium fails with a pop-up message.

Which DX redist did you install? Was it from the installation disc, or the download from MS? Which ever one you tried, try the other.

Also, try running the game as an admin (right-click > Run As Administrator.) That might help.

Thanks for your reply Synergy.

I've tried both the dvd-rom files plus the download from MS. Same error pop-up when I click on either the SP or MP icon.

I didn't try running as Admin so I'll reinstall the game and try again :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom