COD 2 Demo is out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just played it...was pretty fun especially if you have a nice system and crank it up...the bass makes the bomb blasts and gunfire especially good.

I played with everything high at 1024x768 with 2xAA and it was pretty smooth so I could probably turn it up...definitely larger particle count and better models, but it's not like an "OMG THIS IS CRAZY" kind of difference.

Pretty good nonetheless and for a demo it didn't seem buggy at all

Really liked the demo. Think I'll buy the game. beedubaya is right though, the graphics suck! I think this is one of those new games that require some top of the line graphics to get the full experience. Unfortunately my close to two year old system can't handle everything on high. Sound is really good though.

Obtruse_Man4 said:
Really liked the demo. Think I'll buy the game. beedubaya is right though, the graphics suck! I think this is one of those new games that require some top of the line graphics to get the full experience. Unfortunately my close to two year old system can't handle everything on high. Sound is really good though.

You have an ATI card, so the graphics will suck. But a 6600 GT can play this in its full glory. This is a brand specific game.

beedubaya said:
You have an ATI card, so the graphics will suck. But a 6600 GT can play this in its full glory. This is a brand specific game.
Well my current system won't be able to handle much more of an improvement in the graphics department, unless I want to replace other hardware as well. Sucks doesn't it? Maybe I'll find enough money to upgrade in the next 6 months.

Why would it knock it all the way down to DX7 just because of lack of SM3....doesn't seem correct...I did see the option in there "Force to DX7" is that on by default on ATI cards or something

Nubius said:
Why would it knock it all the way down to DX7 just because of lack of SM3....doesn't seem correct...I did see the option in there "Force to DX7" is that on by default on ATI cards or something
Yeah it is. I tried disabling the option and it crashed my machine. Gave me a blue screen error, then restarted.

Gives me a reason to get an xbox 360. Considered it, but all the stuff I own are Sony made, so I think I'll stick out the wait. Of course that's a different subject entirely:p

Nubius said:

Because Nvidia payed a crapload of money to have it done. And also, on ATI cards, its like when you turn up the resolution it just stretches the screen so the quality stays like crap. There is no other reason to make a game this brand specific. This is the most brand specific game I have ever seen.

beedubaya said:
Because Nvidia payed a crapload of money to have it done. There is no other reason to make a game this brand specific. This is the most brand specific game I have ever seen.
ATI lately have been slowly falling behind. What's that new card of their's that was supposed to rival the 7800? Forget the code name; but who knows when that will be released. Nvidia is just slowly taking over the market. The next card I get atleast will be an Nvidia card.

ATI lately have been slowly falling behind. What's that new card of their's that was supposed to rival the 7800? Forget the code name; but who knows when that will be released
R520 and I believe the name was 'fudo'...first I heard late august release, then I heard they bumped it up to late july, THEN I heard they had all kinds of problems with the pipes and implementing SM3, THEN I heard like 50% of the cards coming off the line are failing, and yeah still no card from ATI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom