Lady Techie
Civilization 5 system requirements revealed | Joystiq

Minimum Requirements
Operating System: Windows® XP SP3/ Windows® Vista SP2/ Windows® 7
Processor: Dual Core CPU
Memory: 2GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 8 GB Free
DVD-ROM Drive: Required for disc-based installation
Video: 256 MB ATI HD2600 XT or better, 256 MB nVidia 7900 GS or better, or Core i3 or better integrated graphics
Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card
DirectX®: DirectX® version 9.0c

Recommended Requirements
Operating System: Windows® Vista SP2/ Windows® 7
Processor: 1.8 GHz Quad Core CPU
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 8 GB Free
DVD-ROM Drive: Required for disc-based installation
Video: 512 MB ATI 4800 series or better, 512 MB nVidia 9800 series or better
Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card
DirectX®: DirectX® version 11

Other Requirements: Initial installation requires one-time Internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client, Microsoft Visual C++2008 Runtime Libraries and Microsoft DirectX.

Looks like I'll have to break the news to my gramps that his 9500GT is at the absolute minimum :p

Same here ^_^

I'm slightly annoyed that you have to use Steam - nothing against Steam, I just don't like being forced to use it one way or another. But only slightly annoyed.
And I'm not looking forward to what their DLC plans might be, though I'm possibly just rejecting it because it's new to the Civ franchise.

Otherwise, woot, can't wait ^_^

I guess ill have to try 4 because i couldnt get into 3. I dont see how a game like this would use DX11 though, let alone require it when they clearly have DX9/10 hardware under video requirements -.- Unless they are infering you have Windows 7, but yet the minimum has XP SP3.....confusing to say the least for people not in the know.

If it gets reviewed good I'll give it a shot. I've never played any of these games before.

I guess ill have to try 4 because i couldnt get into 3. I dont see how a game like this would use DX11 though, let alone require it when they clearly have DX9/10 hardware under video requirements -.- Unless they are infering you have Windows 7, but yet the minimum has XP SP3.....confusing to say the least for people not in the know.
A DirectX 11 capable system is recommended. A DirectX 9.0c capable system is minimum required.

Hence the reason i said, for people not in the know. I can just see idiots standing there at Best Buy "Well it says DX11...i guess that means i need a DX11 card to play....but wait it says 4800 or 9800...i dont get it" *puts back on shelf*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom