Civilization 5 Announced + Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waphlez

Fully Optimized
Civilization V

Comes out Fall of 2010.

This has to be some of the best news I've heard in a while. Combat looks to be greatly improved and most importantly, the switch from the square tile board to the hex tile board, which allows every adjacent space to be equal distance which square tiles can't (diagonally).

I just wish I knew how to play these games. I bought some off of Steam, installed them once, and uninstalled them in about 15 minutes... I can't get the hang of it. :(

I just wish I knew how to play these games. I bought some off of Steam, installed them once, and uninstalled them in about 15 minutes... I can't get the hang of it. :(

If you only gave it a try for 15 minutes, I'm not quite sure what to tell you other than it takes longer than 15 minutes to enjoy the game.

If you only gave it a try for 15 minutes, I'm not quite sure what to tell you other than it takes longer than 15 minutes to enjoy the game.

It wasn't actually 15 minutes... More like an hour before I quit. I just couldn't get used to the controls, or gameplay. Totally different than what I'm used to, which is why I bought it. I just couldn't comprehend it.

I am with you...I have never ever completed an RTS game....I did play company of hero's for alittle while and had some fun with it...before I finally got stuck and confused.

Woot! My entire family aside from one of my grandmothers is completely Civ nuts, they will be happy to hear about this :) As am I.

Very, very good news!!! I'm a total Civ addict. BTS took the game to a whole new level, but this looks to even beat that out. The hex tiles look to be a great improvement! The armies look cool too. It looks like I know what I will be wasting hours away at in the near future. I better prepare the wifey now...haha! ;)

The Civ series are not RTS games. They are turn-based strategy games. RTS games are fun, but this offers so much more because you have time to fully think out a strategy instead of just reacting to the AI all the time.

Civilisation annoys me. I usually prefer my games with some elements of realism, and as previously said, the ridiculous scale of people and buildings really bothers me. I could not get used to it at all, i found it boring and just generally pretty rubbish.

I like good ol' RTS games, Empire Earth, StarCraft, Rise of Nations etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom